Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper 7 racing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 12:40 AM
jonesy3194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 7 racing?

hi guys me and my friend both have hyper 7 tq sports and we are looking into racing them we bought these as rtr kits with hyper 21 3 port engines, and havent modifiyed the buggies in any way as of yet, what hop ups should we get for our buggies to make them race suitable, and what is the largest/best nitro engine that we could put into them

we have heaps of money to spare so price isnt an issue

are these buggys suitable for racing?

cheers mat

Old 02-14-2009, 09:36 AM
rclynx

Default RE: hyper 7 racing?

If you have never raced before don't get anything..............and darn sure don't hop up anything till you can compete on your local track. Not as easy a learning curve as you think [&o] If you want to get something get extra parts because your going to break. And don't try to beat the old timers [:@] that will only come with time smooth runs around the track till you can stay right side up [X(]
Old 02-14-2009, 10:45 AM
happywing

Great advice! Slower is faster for a new racer...and some old racers! The first challenge is to keep it off the tubes and right-side-up. A faster engine won't help.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 PM
jonesy3194

thanks guys much appreciated
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM
romax

+1 on what happywing said , But you def. will need a better steering servo. My son started w/ that buggy & servo stripped on the first day. Other than that great buggy.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:01 PM
ace9213

i have a hyper 7. upgrade the steering servo because i garuntess you it will break sooner or later. get a rechargeable battery pack to prevent loose batteries, get wheels and tires, annnd you should be fine for now. the stock motor is just fine if your going to do club racing. just have it tuned right. i went to the track today with my hyper and it ran great. blew a clutch bearing but that stuff is expected. $2 fix. car runs great and remeber, you can have the best car is the world, but if you cant drive then you will loose. lol
Old 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM
jonesy3194

thanks for that guys but what steering servo would you suggest, and i have seen some hyper 7s with really wide tires are these better for off road racing
Old 02-15-2009, 12:56 PM
ace9213

ORIGINAL: jonesy3194

thanks for that guys but what steering servo would you suggest, and i have seen some hyper 7s with really wide tires are these better for off road racing
oh and i would also suggest upgrading to a 2.4ghz radio. trust me its so much better because you never have to worry about interference. as for the steering servo get something with at least 130 oz of tq and .15 speed. you should be good with that. make sure its metal gear also. i have hitec servos and they work great. ans for the people with wide tires, yeah i guess they are just offroading.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:22 AM
maglight

yeah you deffinately want a battery pack to replace the crappy AA holder...2nd day i had my hyper 7 rtr it had a bad experience with a curb cause a battery fell out of it...twisted the chassis broke the rx box and everything...might get a failsafe too incase you run out of range or your TX batteries go too low...cheap insurance for that...but for sure make for certain your battery and battery leads are secured good or you too will have a bad experience. and the steering servo for sure...the brakes on that buggy wont work worth a darn till you get a more powerfull servo for that too...the stock ones just dont have enough backside to make them perform well.