Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Is the xt2 a good buggy?

Old 02-19-2009, 10:45 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the xt2 a good buggy?

I am not worried about a serious racer, but a tough dependable buggy. I've been wanting an 1/8 scale buggy for a while now and the xtm xt2 w/21 engine is on sale for $200. Comes with 3ch Airtronics too! I can't find any reviews on it, but some videos that show that it looks pretty tough. What do you guys think?
Old 02-19-2009, 01:06 PM
tommygun32

Default RE: Is the xt2 a good buggy?

For $200 with Airtronics and not the usual lower brand AM radio it comes with....OK.. It's probably not an Airtronics "spectrum", but I'd buy it for 200. You'll spend a few dockets here and there on a few spares and bits-n-bobs....but ya I'd get it. I got one about a year and a half ago with the old radio..(for aobut 250) still have it, still runs, I feel it's a great 'learner' buggy. Just remember to install a 'fail safe' system in it if the Airtronics doesn't have it already. Good luck
Old 02-19-2009, 07:57 PM
IloveMYxt2

Probably one of the toughest buggies in the market, seriously. I just sold mine (I am getting into crawling) and I loved it. No problems, tough as a nail.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
eddyeddy

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=754

Are parts easy to find? I can only remember Hobby People selling them.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:19 PM
IloveMYxt2

Theres are local hobby shops that carry them as well. I have two LHS that carry XTM parts.

You can also give this guy a call:

www.xtm-dealer.com
Old 02-21-2009, 01:00 AM
shootinon3

I just got my XT2 today I get to start it up in the morning wish me luck I should be hitting the track in no time.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:17 AM
rclynx

I just got my XT2 today I get to start it up in the morning wish me luck I should be hitting the track in no time.
Sounds like its time to play.............if your new to this and never been to a track the best thing you can do is don't try to beat anybody and talk to the racers around you. They are a great source of information. You have one of the best buggies around for a novice driver. its to heavy for a top competition race but that weight will help you a lot while your learning to get through those turns. The quality is as good as any out there and if you take the time to learn to drive it and win after a good learning period your might be ready for the top line racers with a lighter buggy. Congrats and good luck with your new toy ......... HAPPY RC'en
Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
xt2nitro

I have an XT2 I have the 24.7 engine in it. It's great but I currently having an problem with the electrics please [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8504409/tm.htm[/link]click here to see my post.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:38 PM
shootinon3

I have found out from the beating the XT2 took at the track this weekend (Its tuff)x2 . However I could tell all the others at the track running losi8s were not XTM fans so I kinda felt like a black sheep. But I still think this buggie is going to be great for learning. Dang it took a beating with this being my fist time racing and I was running the car rich it just didnt have enough speed to get over the jumps I dont know how many times I nose dived in the dirt.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 PM
jim34

I got mine last month and love it. It's built pretty tough but does weigh about a pound more than other rtr buggies in the same price range. I got the so called track edition with a .21 instead of a 24.7. Mine is pretty fast though. Drove it down the street from a friends car and clocked it at about forty mph, maybe a little better. I'm new to this and went as cheap as possible with my first nitro buggy to see if I liked it. The XTM XT2 is ten times better then my first car. I actually got to see one in a store so I wasn't too worried about ordering it online. The one thing that bothers me is parts availability. The shop that I saw the car at didn't really even stock parts. Hobbypeople, Globalhobby or Ebay. These are the only places (that I've found) to have parts and I think Globalhobby is just the distr. Nonetheless, I justed finished my first gallon of fuel. No problems so far. For a couple hundred bucks you can't go wrong. This bug is a lot of fun!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 AM
rclynx

[link=http://www.xtm-dealer.com]This guy[/link] has a lot of good stock for the XT-2 and a lot more
Old 03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
shootinon3

just wondering what engine is bigger the .21 or the 24.7. I did find out I boke something else on my trip to the track I busted the rear gear case. we will see how long the super glue holds it together.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 PM
rclynx

The 24.7 is the bigger engine [&:] metric its a 4.03cc and the 21 is a 3.48cc [&o] good luck on the glue job [sm=71_71.gif] HAPPY RC'en
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
shootinon3

Thanks for the info but no luck with the glue job after the X did a few cartwheels it busted again. I guess Ill have to spend the 10 buck and fix it if I want to race this weekend.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
shootinon3

DANG now I have to replace the head toooo.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
shootinon3

For loose dirt track conditions and I want to turn on a dime how should I set up my springs and How do I tell what the different colored springs will do for my buggy on the track
Old 03-05-2009, 10:07 PM
rclynx

Its not just springs [:@] its a combination of shock oil, differential oil, LCG and spring tension. It all changes with conditions [&:] a good racer will be at the track he's going to race on a week before the race [] or at least a few days softer springs and a light oil in the front shocks and a heavy oil in the front differential work real well for that front end grab [&o]