Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Cen Matrix Tune Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 10:28 AM
BadMammaJammas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen Matrix Tune Trouble

So I just got my Matrix out for the first time since winter and I am still having the same problem when I put it away till now.. When I go for the tune and adjust the HSN.. After I adjust it and go to throttle away it ALWAYS stalls.. Then it starts right back up but it is just annoying to have to re-start it every time i try and tune.. Any suggestions?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 AM
romax

Default RE: Cen Matrix Tune Trouble

if you are going full throttle from stand still & it stalls it is prob. low side needle adjustment issue. Assuming the hsn is close, try to richen lsn 1 hour at a time & see if it gets better. also wait till engine gets to opperating temp before making any adjustments.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 PM
bweiler

This is exactly what happened to my Matrix. I did what was suggested and leaned the low speed needle. Now the problem is gone.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:29 PM
chrobar

When you are trying to throttle it, is it kind of gurgling to a stop? If it is, lean out the LSN until it runs again. If it is at a higher pitch, or sounds dry, you need to do the opposite and richen the LSN. if all else fails, start over from factory settings and lean out from there.
Good luck and have fun!
Tom
Old 04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Lean the LSN about 1/8 turn and if it gets better, go from there. It sounds like you are just rich on the LSN.

Eric
Old 04-13-2009, 10:30 AM
BadMammaJammas

Hey chrobar.. I was wondering where you get your parts for you matrix at.. I need a new pull starter and I am having a heck of a time trying to find one...
Thanks!