Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Exhaust manifold BENDING?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM
mattyb13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust manifold BENDING?!?!

Hi all, I am running a GO Tech .21 5 PORTTURBORace engine in my CENMATRIXFactory Race Edition. I have been running the Dynamite line of pipes. I was using the 007 high speed pipe. My track tightened up a bit so now I am running a 086 high torque pipe. I have been very pleased with their performance. HEREis my question. I noticed after running a few tanks at the track yesterday that the exhaust seemed out of alignment. After further inspection at home it appears that my maniflod is now beyond the normal 90 degrees?Makes no sense to me, at all. I tried everything to realign my exhaust components and all I can think of is that the manifold may be warping under the heat of running? OR, could it have warped during a flip??? Is any this possible?Strangely, this engine has never been over 250 deg and seems to love the 220-240 mark. I would have thought a manifold would never bend but It absolutely used to be at a normal 90 degress and is now after some tanks (maybe a gallon or a little more) more than 90 degrees....?Thnx...
Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 AM
madmaxx1

Default RE: Exhaust manifold BENDING?!?!

first 007 is a torque pipe and 086 is high speed pipe

sound's to me like you forgot to tighten the pipe hanger on the front of the pipe....

i have 2 matrix FRE buggy and 1 FRE truggy and none have the propblem you are describing and i beat the snot out of everything i have! sometime's i even run 'em over 300f!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
HomeDawwg

I doubt it will be from the heat. You probably got a knock on the pipe (stinger most likely) which caused the header to bend.

Happened to me the other day

Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
devilchrist

bend it back.  I usually have to bend even the new pipes headers to fit the car just right anyways.

it's easy to bend, stick a screw driver in and bend.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:48 AM
mattyb13

I love that I am not crazy and I know the EXACTmoment that I was hit that caused my manifold to bend. So to bend it back I just basically force it with a screwdriver?!?!?really?
Thanks!
Old 05-28-2009, 01:55 AM
HomeDawwg

Yeh i use 2 large diameter screw drivers. One in each end of the header. Then just pull apart slowly