Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

How do guys water proof??

Old 06-03-2009, 10:32 AM
mikewait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do guys water proof??

I see guys running in the rain and youtube and i was talking to someone the other day and they mentioned they were running in the rain!!!
How do they do it??? This is probably a frequently asked question right???
But how do i water proof my engine and my servos and radio box???
Old 06-03-2009, 12:00 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: How do guys water proof??

silicone sealant, and plastic wrap & rubberbands always work for me!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM
musclecar64

It's never a good idea to run your buggy in water/rain. There's no possible wayto 100% "waterproof" your buggy. Water can find it's way into the electronics, and even if you somehow sealed those, you can't keep water out of the bearings, which will destroy them fast. If you don't quickly and completely remove the moisture and relube, theymight rust. Water can also ruin bearings by washing dirt into them.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: musclecar64

It's never a good idea to run your buggy in water/rain. There's no possible wayto 100% "waterproof" your buggy. Water can find it's way into the electronics, and even if you somehow sealed those, you can't keep water out of the bearings, which will destroy them fast. If you don't quickly and completely remove the moisture and relube, theymight rust. Water can also ruin bearings by washing dirt into them.
X2...stay out of the rain and puddle's.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:21 PM
lez1troubles

Hi, in Belgium it rains quite a bit and if you r running a buggy it's going to get very wet and muddy. I put my battaries in 2 rubber balloons and also the same with the reciever, zip tie closed and then use duck tape to close the box. I have a rain filter in my carb to keep the water out of the engine, smack a whole 2 fingers of thick axle grease around anything that moves and also round the Engine bearing trying not to get to much on the fly wheel, also grease around the top of your servo's and tape them up. you will also need to put in a good fuel filter between your carb and fueltank. Buggies are buggies, and there supposed to be dirty,at least on the out-side,the inside just needs to be protected from the elliments. Don't forget that when you drive in harsh weather you will have alot more cleaning to do but don't let that stop you, it's great fun racing around a BMX track or MX track after it's just rained. I'll try to get some photo's. Have fun.