Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 7 Flameout Is Weird!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Boggie1688

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 7 Flameout Is Weird!

Hi everyone,

So the other day, Ithink I got a bit greedy with my hyper 7 pcr motor. After noticing there was bearly any smoke at near WOT, I stopped and decided to call it a day. Upon adding in after run oil, I noticed the glow plug coil seemed grayish. Iheard that means I ran to lean. Next day I decided to do a complete retune and a new plug. After 30 mins, Ihad a good tune down and the car ran well for maybe 3 gas tanks. Then the flameouts started. Igave up because the sun was going down. Yesterday I fired her up, ran like a charm for 5 mins while I tuned the high end, good smoke. The flameouts returned. Igot angry and just put the old plug back in and now the flameouts are gone.

Can anyone explain to me whats going on?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:39 PM
rccheech

Default RE: Hyper 7 Flameout Is Weird!

Sounds to me it went too lean too long, usually means the piston/sleeve is leaking compressoin, the engine loses ability to scavange the fuel in the crankcase, end result.... needs a new piston and sleeve.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:59 PM
we go hard in jersey
My Feedback: (1)

dont even waste your time and money on that old engine.save yourself the headache and buy a new one as opposed to rebuilsing.you can get a picco for 200 bucks that will blow that thing away.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:22 AM
chookman46

Are the plugs the same heat range?  Glow plugs are basically a consumable item, their lifespan can vary greatly on how you take care of them.  However it is possibly to get a faulty plug from new or one that only last a short while.