Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Engine Suggestion for 8ight-T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 01:18 AM
barrydidntknow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Suggestion for 8ight-T 2.0

Just finished the setup on my new Truggy. Right now I have my clocked picco P3 in in but since that engine belongs to my currently out of commision savage XL I am wondering what engine I should get for the truggy when my savy is rebuilt. Havent run it with the picco yet but will tomorrow. I may race a bit so want a good competitive engine. Want all opinion reguardless of cost........

any other set up and hop up suggestions are greatley appreciated. Already have the reciever and servos set, will probably get the smart diffs soon, are they worth it? What else?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 AM
youwish16

Default RE: Engine Suggestion for 8ight-T 2.0

how much you want to spend?

Old 06-20-2009, 10:15 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of my modified JPX.21's would be perfect for it..... screaming, ripping monster of a .21....gets great mileage as well...

here is a video in a X2 CRT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sk_GTRpa_U
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 AM
xjqkz

ORIGINAL: barrydidntknow

Just finished the setup on my new Truggy. Right now I have my clocked picco P3 in in but since that engine belongs to my currently out of commision savage XL I am wondering what engine I should get for the truggy when my savy is rebuilt. Havent run it with the picco yet but will tomorrow. I may race a bit so want a good competitive engine. Want all opinion reguardless of cost........

any other set up and hop up suggestions are greatley appreciated. Already have the reciever and servos set, will probably get the smart diffs soon, are they worth it? What else?
My wife and me would have some SERIOUS talk if she ever finds any of my nitro cars on the bed!!! Does she not mind? or are you single? or soon to be single?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:27 AM
tommygun32

LOL........with a buggy and truggy sitting side by side that bed is FULL!!

Don't think 2 peeps could sleep in that thing....beside....he took the sheets of first....no hygiene probs there.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:35 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

One of my modified JPX.21's would be perfect for it..... screaming, ripping monster of a .21....gets great mileage as well...

here is a video in a X2 CRT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sk_GTRpa_U

D.amn that's awesome.. Watching the vid, I think my heart-rate goes up with the speed - and revs - of the trug down the back straight... That thing REVS....

What pipe is on it?

Old 06-21-2009, 06:19 AM
tommygun32

Hi Barry, before your thread gets hijacked, why don't you have a look at the OSVZ(b) Specline, Jammin 21's, Novarossi or any other high end mill like that. You should also keep in mind what kind of track you plan on running it on as all these engines perform with different characterisitcs.

Anyone else want to chime in with their engine choice???
Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a JP4 on that engine........beleive it or not, but that is just a mild mod on that mill..... also beleive it or not but my latest 28 took it down yesterday, I was shocked !