Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

interesting tires and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interesting tires and wheels

These are some oversize tires and wheels that I got 6 or 7 years ago but have forgotten who/where I got them. I know I ordered them online but they are not common as far as I know. I like them because they are slightly bigger than regular 1/8 and good for bashing on an 1/8 scale car. here they are on my LX-1 with a regular street tire for comparison.

anyone ever see these before??...have any idea who makes/sells them??

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29539.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1223821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43705.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	1223822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65254.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1223823  
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM

Default RE: interesting tires and wheels

they look like truggy wheels.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:35 PM

hi shoestringracer
i havent seen them before but what i can tell u is that its not a good idea putting oversized wheels on your car because i did something similar on my matrix and the so i started bashing, a few mins later i noticed my clutch bell glowing red hot !! this is not good .. LOL
just keep an eye on it.

Shane
Old 06-24-2009, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the tip Shane but I'm no stranger to that - I've experimented with some pretty ridiculous (clutch killing) ratios in the past on RC's! - even though I've never made a clutch bell glow red hot!! These didn't strain the clutch as much as I thought but I wouldn't run it for long like that - it was working harder than it should have. I have a 13 and 12 tooth cb that I use too. I have to ask Motionmachine about the 65 tooth spur in the LX1 thread.

I think these are smaller than truggy tires, though I haven't seen any. I am not sure but I dont think factory truggies existed back when I got these. These are only about 1/2 or 5/8 bigger than the stockers. They are a good bit smaller than original T-Maxx tires. On sand with my center spool it was prettty good.