Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Ofna .32 Engine Crankshaft

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:56 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna .32 Engine Crankshaft

So, I somehow broke my crankshaft at the end, where the piston hangs onto. And I've been looking around and it's extremely hard to find another crankshaft, I did however, find .28 crankshafts, which by judging by the picture is almost the same exact dimensions as the .32. Can anyone prove me wrong or confirm it? It would greatly help.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
dittch
Banned

Default RE: Ofna .32 Engine Crankshaft

that is a weak spot on those motors, I broke one myself at that same spot, about 1 gallon into it

here's where you can get a new one: www.nitrohouse.com They carry parts for all ofna engines

It's best to give them a call, very cool people. The new crank ran me about $60.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

I see I see, I found it, it's like $50 dollars, dayum, shame, the .28 i found is like $15. But thanks, do you know why they brake at that spot? My connecting rod looks alright, even though the end got a bit scratched up, is it still alright?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
dittch
Banned

ORIGINAL: BlindObject

I see I see, I found it, it's like $50 dollars, dayum, shame, the .28 i found is like $15. But thanks, do you know why they brake at that spot? My connecting rod looks alright, even though the end got a bit scratched up, is it still alright?
I'm not sure why they break there or how common it is, but you're the second person that I know (besides myself) that has had the crank break at that spot. Your rod is probably fine if it's just a little scratched. My rod went thru the bottom of the engine casing when my crank broke, left a nice hole. I JB welded the hole in the casing closed as the casing below the piston is not a load bearing part, it worked fine from then on. About 1/2 gallon after that my rod snapped in half. Maybe it snapped in half because it was damaged from when the crank broke, who knows. That was it for me and that engine and I gave it to my brother in law for parts. He has a force 32 also and has had absolutely no problems with it. His probably has about 1-2 gallons thru it now.

I will say that I liked the force 32, it puts out a decent amount of power.