Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Jammin X2 nose diving.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Tom76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin X2 nose diving.

Hi all,
Today I was breaking in my Ninja JX .21-B01 engine in my new Jammin X2 buggy. After completing this process I was trying to put in some quick laps to see how the engine was and how the buggy would perform. However, when I was trying to jump my new buggy, the nose of the buggy kept going down and I couldn't get it to go back to a horizontal base using the throttle and then I would just end up doing cart wheels.[:@] I am assuming the front of these buggies are a little nose heavy. What are some fixes to rectify this problem? I also own a Mugen MBX6 buggy but I don't have this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Jammin X2 nose diving.

Probably because your are breaking in your engine, you still do not have the necessary RPM to get the nose up, once you set the engine after break in it will go away. I had the same problem once on a Kyosho 777 while breaking in the engine.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
tommygun32

It could be cause you're still breaking the mill in. Also watch closely how the buggy is leaving the top of the jump. Go down onto the track when hitting the jump to get an upclose view. If the rear suspension is getting really compressed due to the forces at work, it will uncompress quite violently when the pressure is released, i.e. the buggy leaves the lip of the jump. This can catapult the rear of the buggy up and over. If that's the case, you'll need to tune your suspension.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
theRCreverend

The motor is not the problem at all. Your suspension needs tuning. The rear end is probably pushing up hard off the jump and causing the nose to go down.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Tom76

Thank you, for your response guys. At them moment I have a pretty soft setting for my shocks. Fronts i'm using #300 mugen oil and I am using the yellow springs .66mm (softest front spring). The pistons I am using are are six holes I think 1.2mm diameter but I have drilled 3 of them out to 1.5mm. The rear is the same except for the spring, I am using the white spring which is white .58mm (second from the softest rear spring). Now I need a soft setting at my track because it is very dusty, slippery and bumpy. When I first got the car and tried the initial shakedown I used the springs from the kit and #350 in the front and #300 in the back. I wasn't really happy with the front end so I changed it to a softer setting.

Here is a link to the track I use in Japan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZVfV...layer_embedded

You may have to copy and paste. This layout is a new layout (about 2 weeks old) so some of the holes that were existing before have been filled, and the dust isn't as bad at this time as it had been raining before this was filmed (this is not me either). Where you can see the big table top, they have put a lip there on the left handside which throws the back end of the buggy up and the front down. If I move to the right handside the lip isn't so bad and if I hit the jump at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the buggy doesn't seem to nose dive. Which is good but I can do the same thing with my MBX6 full throttle and be okay. I will keep trying and see what I can come up with.
Cheers!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Tom76

Sorry to add to the above, my MBX6 has a soft setting too.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:51 PM
hrdcoreglf

Check your breaks if your tight , especially on the fronts you'll dip after a launch. I've never had that problem(front end being heavy that is). Are you the only one having this problem? If so it is your set up or driving, if not its the launch ramp.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:38 AM
tommygun32

Agreed with checking your brakes.

Now is it just me or was the driver of that buggy in the video actually trying to drift it through some of the corners???
Old 10-06-2009, 05:05 AM
Tom76

I will check my brakes again but I think they are okay. Tommygun, he isn't meaning to drift but the track is that dry and slippery it's very hard to pt the power down or even get grip.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:50 AM
tommygun32

I know sandy and dusty mate...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9126765/tm.htm