Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper 7 problem

Old 11-08-2009, 10:18 PM
ALL RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 7 problem

I bought a hyper 7 .21 black, brand new broke it in took it to the track today, man this buggy rpis the only problem is that when it lands hard and flat it dies not really sure what it could be, fly wheel does not stick out under the buggy, can't figure it out any help would be great new to 1/8 scale buggies thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Dil

Default RE: hyper 7 problem

are you revving your engine right before you land?? that might be the problem, reving while in the air is no problem, make sure its not revving just before you land since the clutch is still engaged and the force from the landing might cause the wheels to lock up and hence the engine stops,, although i doubt it could be cos of this!!.maybe something to do with your fuel supply etc!!, i heard of cases like this before dunno what would cause it though,,

from what u said seems like the engine is running fine and stuff,, dont worry about it too much and mess round with the engine, try increasing your idle speed slightly but i dont recommend this if the engine is running fine, give it some time and try figure it out,
Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
FASTLOUD

Check your battery connection as well as on/off switch. look for any frayed or damaged wires. Also, what kind of batteries are you using for the reciever pack?? if your just using 4 AA batteries that could be your problem. get a good reciever pack if u havnt already.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:46 PM
ALL RIDER

I am using double a's I will look into that thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 01:10 PM
FASTLOUD

you know ive been thinking about it and that probably wont kill the engine but is definately a must. if the connection is lost ur car will runaway. but back to your problem, it could just be because the engine is still tight due to it being fresh so it has alot of pinch. does it die after every jump? or just when the motor is still cold? was it doing this during break in?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
cobra26

If your engine was broken in properly, I would suspect the low speed needle is either opened or closed too far (hard to tell without hearing it - but I suspect closed too far). The batteries only control your radio so they are not the problem, although you should upgrade to a 5-cell rechargeable NiMh pack to get the best response from your servos since 6 volts sure beats 4.8.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:19 PM
ALL RIDER

thanks I think I might be running way to rich the manual says 5 turns out for break in and 4 baseline for running called ofnaa today and they said more like 2 1/2 turns out so will try that thanks for all the help
Old 11-09-2009, 05:25 PM
jetlag_180

yeah, the factory settings forit seem way off for the hyper 21. atleast for me
Old 11-09-2009, 06:11 PM
cobra26

ORIGINAL: ALL RIDER

thanks I think I might be running way to rich the manual says 5 turns out for break in and 4 baseline for running called ofnaa today and they said more like 2 1/2 turns out so will try that thanks for all the help

Among my buggies, trucks, and truggies I also have the Hyper7-Black, and 4 to 5 turns out is WAY too rich! I usually run somewhere between 2-1/2 and 3 turns out - whichever gives me the slightest advantage to the rich side on a given day. My first 1/8th nitro was an OFNA HODR(!) back in 1982 and to get the very last RPM out of the Force P-8 I had in it, I ran it too lean and seized the engine. That's why I always run now on the rich side of screaming.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!