Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Looking for some starting help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:15 PM
CarGarage22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some starting help

I want to get a couple nitro buggies for about $150 to $200 each, for christmas so my brother and I can race them around. I've been looking at online stores through google for about an hour now and it seems like every store I run into has poor reviews about order mismanagement. A couple of questions:

1. What is a good store Ican order a nitro RTRbuggy from that won't rip me off? We've used towerhobbies.com before for RCairplanes but it looks more expensive compared to the other ones and they only sell kits for the buggies i want (I think).
2. What buggy should I get? I'd prefer something that could take a beating off road. Is $150 to $200 for each buggy too little to expect to spend? Should Iexpect to spend more?

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:11 PM
K_B

Default RE: Looking for some starting help

$150-200 is very low. For something in that price range, you'll be looking at brand-X type stuff with zero parts support.

For something to just horse around with and in that price range, you might want to look towards electric. I would think you guys would enjoy the Traxxas Slash. They are very durable and lots of fun. Those will run about $200 RTR. You'd still need to get yourself batteries and a charger, but you guys could probably share a single charger.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 PM
CarGarage22

ORIGINAL: K_B

$150-200 is very low. For something in that price range, you'll be looking at brand-X type stuff with zero parts support.

For something to just horse around with and in that price range, you might want to look towards electric. I would think you guys would enjoy the Traxxas Slash. They are very durable and lots of fun. Those will run about $200 RTR. You'd still need to get yourself batteries and a charger, but you guys could probably share a single charger.
What should Iget if Iwanted to step up the price a litte bit so Icould get something nitro or gas powered? What is a reliable store to purchase it from? Thanks!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:19 PM
jmaxey51

z-car usa is selling GREAT RTR z-buggies for 225 right now they normally coast 500+ but they are having a christmas special till the 17th on them. they are tuff as nails i have yet seen one break i myself am thinking of getting one to race but they are great for bashing or racing.
here is a link to their site: http://z-carstore.com/catalog/
Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: CarGarage22

ORIGINAL: K_B

What should I get if I wanted to step up the price a litte bit so I could get something nitro or gas powered? What is a reliable store to purchase it from? Thanks!

Amainhobbies is one of the biggest retailer's in the market bar None....this link should get you started.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...1-8-Buggy-Kits
Old 12-11-2009, 10:58 AM
theRCreverend

I've heard that tower owns Amain hobbies, not sure if that's true, but the prices are usually different between the two
Old 12-11-2009, 12:40 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Integra is correct, check out amain for sure, you may also want to check out nitro house, the are pretty much just OFNA stuff which is lower in cost, but probably perfect for what you are looking to do.

You could get yourself a couple of Hyper 7s for around 300 bucks each, and have a ton of fun...
Old 12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Lurp06x

if your looking for nitro 1/8 buggy i think the lowest you can go for a brand new one is like $270 for decent quality but i would check out that z-car. otherwise like someone else suggested go with ofna like the hyper 7 tq

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...oducts_id=9225

otherwise if your willing to do some hunting on the internet look for some used buggies here or on ebay.