Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Which Tuned Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Falconeer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Tuned Pipe?

Hi,
I was just looking at tuned pipes and maybe I wont get it right now, but just wanted to know... What is the difference between 086, 007, 056, EFRA 2045, 2050, 2066, 20XX... Kinda wondering what should I get? Which are loud and which are heavy sounding?

I'd like something with a heavy sound, or maybe sometime something that is louder.

I have the Axe Rossi Mamba X1 Evolution Engine w/EFRA 2050 Tuned Pipe on my MP777.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:10 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which Tuned Pipe?

i belive any multi chamber low-end torque pipe is going to have the heaviest loudest sound, it will boost your low end for some reduction in top end power.

as for model numbers i dont have a flippin clue.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 AM
bronx boy

look on ultimate hobbies they have the ofna 807 pipe kit complete for 19.97 for the chrome or hard coated nice pipe mid to high torque
Old 01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

I highly recommend the Dynamite tuned pipes, they come in 007, 053, & 086 with reinforced stingers...

As far as differences:

the 007 is know for it's low end performance and will really drive your low end from your engine off the line, good for small tight tracks where you are not going to be hitting alot of high end.

the 053 is a mid range pipe where you will see performance improvments in your engines mid band performance good for mixed tracks wheer you are doing a combination of open with a tight technical section.

the 086 is a top performance pipe where your most significant gains are see at higher RPMs. this is best suited for open and flowing tracks where you can let er rip.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:01 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

I highly recommend the Dynamite tuned pipes, they come in 007, 053, & 086 with reinforced stingers...

As far as differences:

the 007 is know for it's low end performance and will really drive your low end from your engine off the line, good for small tight tracks where you are not going to be hitting alot of high end.

the 053 is a mid range pipe where you will see performance improvments in your engines mid band performance good for mixed tracks wheer you are doing a combination of open with a tight technical section.

the 086 is a top performance pipe where your most significant gains are see at higher RPMs. this is best suited for open and flowing tracks where you can let er rip.
+1 on the dynamite pipes. i have the 007 and 053 and they are awesome. i only run the 053 now and i also have a JP3 and i like the dynamite way more.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:04 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

what I like best about the dynamites is they are basically the same as the OS counterparts, durable as all heck, and cost under 60 bucks... best bang for buck out there!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
coololdude

And if you want just a loud pipe with some proformance find someone who has an old jamming JP-3 pretty tought pipe pretty loud. Not the real top pipe they thought it was going to be but not bad pipe!!!
Old 01-15-2010, 07:29 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jammin pipes are so pricey... i have a JP-2 that came with the car but it is higher pitched than many pipes out there. it performs well though
Old 01-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Falconeer

I dont want a high pitch, just a lot of low noise...

I think I will go for the dynamite 053 or 088.

Thanks all!
I like a real gutsy engine sound.