Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

rc8b or mbx6

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 AM
flukeone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc8b or mbx6

first of all i apologise for this 1000th "vs" thread. i'm only posting this cause i'm really stuck

i already have an hyper9 and next month i'm going buy a new buggy which will be dedicated to racing. at first i as going to get the new serpent buggy(kinda had a cruch for it) but i don't think it's a good idea. better wait till they iron out potential problems. so then i preselected two buggies and there i'm stuck

choice number 1: mugen mbx6. i always had a thing for mugen. when i was drooling for my first car the mbx4 was out and it haunted me for nights XD

choice number 2: rc8b. i've been an associated fan since i bought my rc10b4. performence wise i know mugen is the top dog but after some research i've found out that ae is constantly in the top 10 and very often in the top 3.

so i'm looking for opinions from people who actually used and raced the buggies.

so parts and money not an issue. rc8b ou mbx6 for a racer?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:25 AM
breezerboat

Default RE: rc8b or mbx6

If it's a toss up, I would go check out the ebay chop shop and see which has better parts support. That's just me.

I can say one thing. I have the Mbx6 and love it.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:29 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Setup and driver-skill will make the difference there, not brand.. So go with your gut..
Old 04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
flukeone

thanks for the input. how about quality? i heard the rc8 wear out pretty quickly. how's the rc8b?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
breezerboat

Niether of those will wear out before you want to get a new one.