Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper 7 engine mount ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:27 AM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 7 engine mount ?????????

Please Please Please Please help me out somebody !!!!!!! This car this hobby this dag on buggy is getting to me NOW ! I can't figure out why or how to put this motor back onto this buggy. I need pic's please. telling me want get me any where. if theres something on youtube please let me know. if you have pic's please help me out. why did they make it like that ? sucks alot !
Old 05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
tphill

Default RE: hyper 7 engine mount ?????????

Hello.  What exactly do you want a picture of?  I just got mine about 1 week ago, and after reading your post, I'm not wanting to take the engine out, but can take pics with engine in.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 AM
rpg711

ORIGINAL: tphill

Hello. What exactly do you want a picture of? I just got mine about 1 week ago, and after reading your post, I'm not wanting to take the engine out, but can take pics with engine in.
Don't be afraid to take the engine out, they are mounted on with the blocks that normally mount RTR engines... nuts in a little block which is screwed into the chassis by mount screws. All you do is put the engine mount blocks and attach them back onto the engine, and then just put them where there are the holes in the chassis and screw them in... so unless OP broke something, it should go back on perfectly...
Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 AM
tphill

Yea, after checking it out real good, I don't see much that would be a problem.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
rpg711

The only variable with putting the engine in is your gear mesh, and there are many youtube videos about setting gear mesh, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9uPLys90gQ one.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:53 AM
tphill

I have an unrelated question for you.  How do you set-up the front to keep the toe-out the same throughout the full range of suspension travel?