Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

So.. many... Hyper 7's.... Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:10 AM
ACESHIGH10203

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So.. many... Hyper 7's.... Help?

Hey guys, new to the forums. I've been doing quite a lot of research lately and have found that the best RTR buggie in my price range (around 300) would have to be the Hyper 7. Now what I'm confused by though is all the different versions there seems to be of it. A couple with a Mac* .28, a couple with a Hyper .21, some by OFNA, and some by Hobao. I just can't find out which one is the keeper. Seems like from what I've read the Mac* is a really crappy motor compared to the Hyper, so my guess is I would have to stay away from those? What about the difference between the TQ Sport or the Black Edition or the PBS?

Any clarification would really be appreciated!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Mazda ute

Default RE: So.. many... Hyper 7's.... Help?

ORIGINAL: ACESHIGH10203

Hey guys, new to the forums. I've been doing quite a lot of research lately and have found that the best RTR buggie in my price range (around 300) would have to be the Hyper 7. Now what I'm confused by though is all the different versions there seems to be of it. A couple with a Mac* .28, a couple with a Hyper .21, some by OFNA, and some by Hobao. I just can't find out which one is the keeper. Seems like from what I've read the Mac* is a really crappy motor compared to the Hyper, so my guess is I would have to stay away from those? What about the difference between the TQ Sport or the Black Edition or the PBS?

There all the same buggy Hobao seems to be the real maker and ONFA is in the USA as a distributor of the hyper and other.

So far i'v found the Hobao Hyper TQ sport black edition 21 is the best buggy i'v had and seen not just for the price but also the build of the buggy and good price on parts (if you need as these take a real beating)and parts can be found almost anywere. I'v had many many many Kyosho's over the years in 1/8 scale and 1/10 and the TQ sport black edition 21 is the best buggy out of them and a lot less.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Mazda ute

Dub post
Old 08-09-2010, 12:15 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mazda ute

ORIGINAL: ACESHIGH10203

There all the same buggy Hobao seems to be the real maker and ONFA is in the USA as a distributor of the hyper and other.
correct Ofna is the US distributor, they also sell the hongnor X line over here Ofna labeled it the Jammin.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Anthoop

It depends on how you intend to use it, just for fun or racing?

I have 2 Hyper7, 1 is a 3 port .21 the other the Macstar .28. I have never experienced any problems with either of the engines and the Hyper7 is an incredibly tough buggy, but I use my cars for fun not racing.
I remember reports of the cast front knuckles being weak on the non pbs Hypers but again I have experienced no problem, cnc knuckles are available should you wish. My HyperOne7 has pbs but again as I do not race there is no disadvantage or advantage for me.

If you are looking to get into racing I would imagine that either standard engine (.21 or .28) would be pretty lame compared to your competitors but may be a good starting point to learn.

As with any RTR car the servos are not great and you will need a battery pack and failsafe but you wont be dissapointed with whichever Hyper you choose.