Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kind of new but not really

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:43 PM
samdweezel05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kind of new but not really

I have been out of the RC thing all together for the last 12 years. I made the mistake of clicking on a video on youtube a couple of weeks ago and I have been looking ever since. I have no idea what to even look for any more. I just miss the smell of Byron race fuel. I also want to find something used. I figure it to be a little less expensive way to get back into it and see if it's something I really want to do. I have had OFNA and Mugen in the past and had luck with both of them but liked the Mugen better. I won't be doing any racing either. Just back yard stuff with some friends if I can get them back into it as well. Thank's

Phil
Old 08-21-2010, 08:11 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Kind of new but not really

The MBX5 is still a nice r/c from everything I have heard. If you like Mugen, and you dont want to spend a fortune you can pick up the MBX5 for not too bad if you look around. They have an MBX6 out now too, but they are pretty expensive obviously if you buy it new. I have had 3 buggies and all of them were pretty good bashers. I like my Ofna i have now pretty well, so just depending on what you want, there are lots of options. If I were buying new, I would buy an Ofna hyper 7 tq black, but im not a racer, and im also on a budget[8D] Good luck with your choice!

Eric
Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 PM
samdweezel05

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

The MBX5 is still a nice r/c from everything I have heard. If you like Mugen, and you dont want to spend a fortune you can pick up the MBX5 for not too bad if you look around. They have an MBX6 out now too, but they are pretty expensive obviously if you buy it new. I have had 3 buggies and all of them were pretty good bashers. I like my Ofna i have now pretty well, so just depending on what you want, there are lots of options. If I were buying new, I would buy an Ofna hyper 7 tq black, but im not a racer, and im also on a budget[8D] Good luck with your choice!

Eric
I will check out the MBX5, thanks. I should have called my self Duramax Driver. LOL. Then we could have argued about who had the better truck.

Phil
Old 08-21-2010, 09:24 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

ORIGINAL: samdweezel05

I should have called my self Duramax Driver. LOL. Then we could have argued about who had the better truck.

Phil
There wouldnt be an argument would there? Just kidding, I like diesels all around, Im just pretty partial to the cummins. I have 258k miles on mine without a lick of trouble and over double stock horsepower, so im pretty happy with it.[8D]

Most people love the MBX5 though from what I have heard, so if you already like Mugen then that would be a good choice.

Eric