Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

bizarre steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 PM
buttdud1122

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bizarre steering problem

hello, i have an xtm xt2 that is fairly stock, except for the throttle servo and airtronix mx sport radio. it is a durable buggy, so i like to test its limits a lot! it comes with a super high torque cirrus servo with 186 oz. of torque. its not the quickest servo, but its powerful, so thats all i need. there isnt any information for the servo anywhere, but i think it is digital.... i use the included 4-cell AA batterie pack for the electronics. but heres the problem: when i take a huge jump, crash, or hit or anything like that, the steering quits working for maybe two seconds. its not much, but its created some hairy situations... i smashed into a tree head on going fairly fast because of it! but the throttle servo will keep working! and after the two seconds or so, the servo starts working again! it really baffles me... idk if i should get a new servo or what, please help! i love to bash my xt2, but it makes me nervous now..
Old 08-25-2010, 05:39 PM
K_B

Default RE: bizarre steering problem

Swap in another servo and see if the problem still exists. I would say "just swap the throttle servo for the steering servo", but the problem you describe could cause you to have a runaway.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 PM
samdweezel05

I agree.  I would switch it out with any other servo you can find.  Doesn't have to be high torque.  It might not steer very well but it would tell you if it's the servo or not.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 AM
buttdud1122

what im thinking is that it might be a digital, so im going to try and put it in my sc10 so it gets proper voltage, then see if that fixes anything, then put the analog servo that was in my sc10 in the buggy... we will see how that goes