Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Airboats
Reload this Page >

Would You Say This is an Air or Ice Boat?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Would You Say This is an Air or Ice Boat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Johnk71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would You Say This is an Air or Ice Boat?

<xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /></w:Compatibility><w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel></w:WordDocument></xml>

Hello All, I started building this about 10 years ago.. I have always called it an Ice Boat… Or should it be called an Air Boat? Either, Or, It’s still fun…

<xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94383.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1828901  
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
dadkins

Default RE: Would You Say This is an Air or Ice Boat?

I would go with Icy Air ski... That has some serious rudderage !
Old 12-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What kind of wax do you use on the skis?

Old 12-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Altered1

Nice - the rudders remind me of what I did with one of my airboats.... it does work!

One of my early very rought versions:

Old 12-12-2012, 07:06 AM
Johnk71

<xml><w:WordDocument><w:View>Normal</w:View><w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom><w:PunctuationKerning /><w:ValidateAgainstSchemas /><w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid><w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent><w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText><w:Compatibility><w:BreakWrappedTables /><w:SnapToGridInCell /><w:WrapTextWithPunct /><w:UseAsianBreakRules /><wontGrowAutofit /></w:Compatibility><w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel></w:WordDocument></xml>

Ok, the “Icy Air Ski” will turn on a dime with the oversized rudder, as it's just as wide as the prop. I added a new prop, the other smaller 3 bladed one was clocked at 45mph on snow covered ice, no wax needed. I just fixed the skis as I was a little anxious to get it running again, so I took it outback in the gravel lot. It had no problems with the newer prop gliding over the gravel and going up hill in the grass. But once I started doing 360’s they let go… HA HA!

<xml><w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"></w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style>