RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Airboats

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 08:35 AM
NKC 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airboats

I am looking for some information on the following;
I have a lot of gear left over from my days flying R/C planes, and am very interested in Airboats, I have no experience in this field and would like some advice on the following questions.
1.can I use this gear, Radio's,Servos, Engines from Cox .049 to never used Super Tiger?
2. Does anyone sell Full simple plans,information for a beginner?
3. would it be better to use an ARR or start from scratch?
4. How large a Pond or Lake would you need to run an Airboat?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airboats

1. Yes, but you'll be better off with a surface radio, unless your running in a place that you don't have to worry about crashing some one's plane.
2.Yes. We have basic plans on here, look back in the post for airboat plans 34". They are not complete, enough though to get you started. More info can be added, very easy.
3.That depends on what you want. ARR is easy and are good. Scratch building is more rewarding, and helps you to understand more about the boat.
4.Depends on what you're running, and what type of a driver you are. Many airboats can run the ground.
If you run into trouble with building just ask, we are many on here that are very happy to help in any way. The airboats are not like the racing boats, you'll get the answers.
Also in here we have built boats from kitchen chopping boards to most anything else you can imagine. We have converted race boats into airboats. But most of all we have fun.
Welcome aboard.