Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Thinking Airboat

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 10:27 AM
mastertchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking Airboat

Hey All, I am new to the RC world but have been thinking more and more about building an airboat, probobly a flat bottom. I have a 30cc homelite trimmer and a bunch of 1/4" plywood to use up. I have been looking for someone who has built something useing these type of materials. Sure would like to get some feedback about my ideas and any suggestions as to how to impliment them.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:31 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Thinking Airboat

Just scan the posts in here.....You'll get a lot of good ideas and ways to set up your boat. The homelite is an easy conversion too. I have a homelite 25cc on my quarter scale Dr1 and a 32cc on my Eindecker. Both run VERY well and swing a big prop 18X8 MA Classics.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:37 AM
mastertchris

I am thinking of using a pushing prop setup, that would mean a big prop, huh? where would I find something like this? The homelite is a fairly heavy engine so I reckon I will be talking big all around, big boat, big prop ect.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:39 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Pusher props are harder to find for those big engines but a good place to start is www.towerhobbies.com
Yea, you'll need to do some research and ask some of the other guys what they are doing. There are some pics on this forum of big boats with weedeater conversions. My 32cc swings a MA 18X8 at 7200 rpm, which delivers almost 16 lb of static thrust. It's a horse