Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

Her name will be power.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Model_Mann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Her name will be power.

haha, i was cleanin out the toy box i havent looked in for years and saw this beaut sitting there on the top, (the inflatable toy boat), today i took a piece of 1" pink styro-foam and sanded away to get it to fit nice and snug, i plan on putting one of my cox .049's on it and had a few questions since i havent done this in sooooo long.

about my engine, i havent used it so much, and wanted to know it i could mount it with the cylinder pointing down.

in i cannot mount it like that how should i.

tell me what you think about my new hull, oh btw i plan on coating the foam with a thin layer of fiberglass for strength and easier mounting of my tiny engine and servo fot directional controll.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63795.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	207903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51699.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	207904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48325.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	207905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47871.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	207906  
Old 12-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Selph-Inflicted

Default RE: Her name will be power.

That is a neat lil boat you got there!

What are the dimensions?
I think it may be even smaller than Terbo's judging by the pics.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:57 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Yeah .. it will ! ! ! That is gonna be NEAT ... and yes , you CAN mount the 049's upside down .
Old 12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Model Mann,

The Cox reedie .049 will have no problem running upside down. The only catch is that it may well give you fits if you try to start it upside down. Even with a hot glowhead priming it will tend to put the fire out.. Better to mount it on it's side if you don't want to mount it straight up.

Later,
Tim
Old 01-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Model_Mann

yeah im havine an awsome time , ive just finished making the mount (nothing special). i mounted the engine upright, went to start it, and ppfffftt, wouldnt start, then i said ok lets try to prime it (by squitring a bit of fuel into the exaust port, ) it would turn over a few times and then the prop instead of making complete circles would flip back and forth, then i would try to statr it again nd pffftttt, nothing, i messed with that dang thing for like 30 min, could not get it to start and stay running for anything, i took it apart like 10 times looking for flaws, and clogs, didnt really find any, would someone help me out here, mabe post a few pics of what a cox .049 should look like put togeather, taken apart and cleaned, i dont know if im doing any thing wrong, but it shurely dont wanna stay runnin .

oh i got my other air boat runnin 2, no raido equip yet but i tied a piece of string to it and put it on full throtel to see how it ran on snow, it moves in a very straight line on nice fresh powder snow, so now all i have to do is hook up the raido and stuff tune her up and ill let you guys know how it did,

i dont know how to take footage of it though, what do i use to take it, how do i post it.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:41 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Hey MODEL MANN ,
Are you using the spring loaded starter for the 049 ? There is no wrong way , or right way to put them back together ... Mine only screws down on the main case .... so ... wrong way or right way ... there is non . are you making sure that the engine is going counter clockwise ? you turn the spring spinner clockwise and it in turn spins the engine over counterclockwise .
If you still need a pic , let me know
Old 01-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Mudflap

Take the backplate off of it & turn the fuel pickup tube down to the bottom of the tank. It should then run, also try a new glow head. after all the years it might be weak.