Search
Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

R/c Vortex

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/c Vortex

I know, I know, there has been lots of talk about this little boat, but i was just wondering about it...for those who have it, was the vortex worth buying or should have you gone another route? Can i mod the huge water rudder into a air rudder, so i dont get junk in icaught so it'l lurch the boat when im goin fast, and so i can somewhat skidder(would it?)not that id be using it on ground cause that wouldnt be good...thanks guys and post comments!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:38 PM

Default RE: R/c Vortex

come on guys!!
Old 10-04-2005, 12:54 AM

Hi
I almost buy one 2 weeks ago but I have to much Airboat in my plate now with my proto
The Vortex 46 is a very well built airboat for $260 and look good, You can modify the rudder for an air rudder and back at the original if it doesn't work
I try a engine Evolution 46 today and good surprise this engine run great with a really impressive idle and quiet for a 2 stoke
the radio in the package is not a high-end one but certainly do the job, you can latter upgrade the radio for a better one like a Sanwa MX-A for an $100, this Radio is the one I use for my Proto (see my last post at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...tm.htm#3420124 ) and she is Great for the price with all the goodies and upgrade the prop for one with more pitch for more trust

And if you are not decided you can see with Chris ( Selph-Inflicted )too, He build some great Airboat !
Cheers
Alain
Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 PM

hi!! how fast does this boat goes judging from the video posted in the review? i think my boat goes as fast as that, maybe less, but i just wanted to know so i can also have an idea of how fast my boat goes. thanks!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:22 PM

Hi! I really don't know the speed of this boat , around 25/30 MPH, maybe more, maybe less!?!?
Do you have a lot of RC boats in the Philippines?
Alain
Old 10-11-2005, 12:31 AM

not much. in fact i havent seen any other boaters in my area, they ran in other places. most of the RCers here are plane, copters and cars.
youre proto is a good design, i am planning in making an airboat design like that but i dont think it is a good design for a heavy gasser.
thanks! maybe a good guess for my airboat speed is 20mph which i think is pretty fast already.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:45 AM

I think is more 25 than 20 but you can upgrade the prop for a 3 blades 11x7
Old 10-12-2005, 08:50 PM

hmmm