Notices
RC Airboats Discuss R/C Airboats here!

what size boat

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:29 AM
noisy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what size boat

have been given a set of plans for a flat bottom air boat..but its only 24 inches long...i want to blow them up to a size to take a thunder tiger 61....what length......width.... and thickness ( depth.).....do you think i should build to...all suggestions welcome...i know you guys have built these before...help please....bob
Old 05-29-2010, 07:22 AM
RS 38-40
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: what size boat

Make the deck about 2 inches wider than the prop you are going to use . When you scale the plans up let the other dimensions come out as they may . It usually ends up that the lenght is a little more than twice the width .
Old 05-29-2010, 09:36 PM
DJLaPalme

Default RE: what size boat

I would go aprox. 34"-36" long by 17"-18" wide. I would make a closed deck aprox. 1 1/2"- 2" above the bottom of the hull filled with styrofoam or some other floatation material. Any smaller and you will have a wingless airplane not an airboat unless it weights out like a brick. JMOA. Dennis