Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

k&b outboard

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 AM
drh024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k&b outboard

Im a newbie to boating can i have some info on the height of the outboard placement how high to set the outboard. thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Apismelifera

Default RE: k&b outboard

Like so...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74471.gif
Views:	23
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	1678970  
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 AM
rcguy1411

need more info ! what outboard 3.5 ,7.5 11 ? what type of hull ? cat ,tunnel ,deep V post pic we will have answers !
Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 AM
frank haydu

usually the hgt of the prop is 1/8 to 14 inch above the lowest point at the rear of the sponsons. you should have neg. angle and c/g should be 25-30 % foward of transom , basiclly you wigh the boat complete even fuel, then measure the entire boat from rear of motor to top of boat. with that multiply that times 8 then multiply that # by 0.30 , with that sum divide it by 8 and that will give you mesurement foward from the ear of the transom. ( if yuor mesurement had a exp.33 3/16of an inch or 33 3/4 , if you use the formula i gave you it includes it into the mathmatics ) then go fin you a dowel or pvc pipe fasten it to a board and you can use that to balance it, keep the fuel in untill balanced use lead wghts silicone to inside of boat this is information is just for outboards motors , inboards are harder because you have to do this while your building the boat for motor location. i ope this helps and not confuse you more , hit me back what you come up with , later
Old 10-26-2011, 06:05 PM
drh024

I have a dumas deep vee 40 with a k&b 7.5 outboard and a prather 46 with a k&b 13cc outboard i wanted to know what depth is the thrust line
as if you were standing behind the boat how far down sholud i put the horizontal thrust line down from the bottom of transom 1/2" or so below it or right at the water line.