Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Pressed for time. Help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Pressed for time. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:34 PM
chummer36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressed for time. Help!

Hey Guys, is there any way to get a boat that has all the componets besdies the engine. I have a NovaRossi .21 engine and want to install it into another boat but I dont have the time right now to completely build my own (I am a rookie when it comes to wiring and installing servos ect, it takes me awhile). If anyone knows if this is even possibe to purchase or if they have ideas on what I could do. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Pressed for time. Help!

What kind of hull are you looking for?
I'm trying not to advertise in the forums yet I do have a JAE .21 outrigger that does have a Nova Rossi .21 in it, it just needs another paint job on it as the one that I laid on was supposed ot be fuelproof but wasn't. Never seen water. If you're interested in something like this, PM me. I had an offer to sell the motor so it's no big deal if it wanted or not.
The other downside is that if you're new or relatively new to RC boats it might be too much for you to take on right now as when done right it should run around 70 MPH. A decent deep-vee hull will run in the low 50's as a comparison.
Check the Marketplace in here as you might find something that you can drop the NR into with very little work.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I would look at a vee hull or a sport hydroplane hull rather than Ron's rigger. This is not saying Ron builds a poor hull, just that I agree with him that a 70 MPH rigger may be more than a self proclaimed "rookie" can handle on the water. I know there are those that will argue "That's what a throttle is for" but, from my experience, most beginners have a overly strong throttle finger or inflated opinion on how much they know or can handle. All that being said, I also agree with Ron's recommending the Marketplace as a place to look
Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
chummer36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I think I am going to try and build one during the summer when I have some more free time. But I would like to acquire the parts before then so I can hit the road running. I definitely agree with you suggestions about the V hull. As a beginner in building these model boats I am not exactly sure what brands of hardware to implement into my boat. Any suggestions on servos, transmitters, receivers ect. 

Greg