Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:40 AM
chummer36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I think I am going to try and build one during the summer when I have some more free time. But I would like toacquirethe parts before then so I can hit the road running. I definitely agree with suggestions about the V hull. As a beginner in building these model boats I am not exactly sure what brands ofhardwaretoimplementinto my boat. Any suggestions on servos, transmitters, receivers ect.
Greg
Old 04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Need some help

With your thread in the General Boating forum, we need some more info on what you plan on building. What for power? Got a hull picked out? The reason for the last one is because some manufacturers use a certain brand for setting their up.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 PM
chummer36

What type of gas engine could get a 40" to 50"  V hull up to around 60+ mph?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Ron Olson

How you want to build up the boat only is held back by the thickness of your wallet. I prefer to go with smart money over price alone. Zippkits has great stuff for the price although I do love my Speedmaster hardware.
There are many engines that could do the job. A stock RCMK will easily get you into the high 50's without breaking into a sweat, a mildly modded Zenoah will do the same. The big thing is the setup, the right stuff from the engine on back properly done and tuned for max speed.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 AM
chummer36

Ok thanks I will look into those, in terms of electronics I was thinking about using Futaba. Any specific servos or receivers that I should put in my boat if I want good range with little interference.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Ron Olson

As far as rado systems in general, Futaba or any other brand, get one with FM or 2.4 Gig minimum as they'll reject any noise from the spark plug. A Futaba 2-PL may fill your needs for an inexpensive yet trustworthy system. As far as servo's go, any standard servo will do for the throttle but when it comes to steering, my favorite is a Hi-tec 645-MG.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:21 AM
chummer36

Alright, going back to the engine topic. What do you think the fastest and most reliable gas engine I could buy for around 450$?