Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Don't know

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
papaw14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't know

Looking for something I saw on a RC boat throttle cable. Best described as a rubber donut that held the sleeve in place by putting one of them on both sides of the bulkhead or wall. I have no idea what to look for or ask for. Sorry if I cannot describe the thing. Thanks. Paul
Old 02-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Don't know

I think it's called a boot. Am not for sure thou. They look like these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/297a-2x-Flex...item2ebe54aff8
Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 AM
papaw14

No that is not it. What I am looking for look like donuts or small tires. They keep the cable sheath from moving when you move the inner cable. Thank you for the reply. 

Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 AM
papaw14

I just thought of something that might work. An o-ring, now to head for the hardware store with some cable sheath in hand unless someone now can figure out what I was trying to describe. Getting old is tough.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:49 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Its called or grommet over here.  Probably the same over there as well. Sort of three rubber washers back to back, big ones on the outside, smaller one between, that goes into a panel hole and protects a cable sheath passing through the hole from abrading or chafing against the panel if it is subject to vibration or being waggled about.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grommet
I would look in a car accessory shop.  Again, I have Maplins, I suppose your nearest equivalent would be Radio Shack. They come as an open type (doughnut), closed (doughnut with the hole skinned in) that can either plug a hole or have a small wire poke through a large hole, and various custom shapes, like the gizmo where the wire leaves your battery charger.