Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Reuhl Hydroplane Flywheel

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Reuhl Hydroplane Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reuhl Hydroplane Flywheel

I have a NIB Reuhl hydroplane from my father's collection but I need a flywheel..................or the dimensions for it. I can have one made if I have to. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Tombsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post a picture of the engine? I know nothing about tether boats but usually the flywheel is part of a glow engine. Is there an engine that comes with the kit or added seperately?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The engine is the recommended Ohlsson .23 Ignition engine. The box for the flywheel is in the kit but no flywheel.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Tombsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow pretty nice, like I said sorry I know nothing about these engines, there seem to be a lot of parts on ebay but I couldn't find any that looked like a flywheel with collet for a marine engine.
How is the drive shaft supposed to attach to the flywheel, a cable clamp or a u-joint setup? Are you going to use an electric starter instead of the pull string? Then you just need a groove in the flywheel for the starting belt and your collet attached to that. I'm not much help but it's a cool project, if you need some collet ideas to attach the driveline I can point you to what's available.