Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New to boating afterun help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

New to boating afterun help

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:06 PM
s_pisco7084

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to boating afterun help

Just picked up an aquacraft lucas oil catamaran and was curious what everyone's after care procedure is and what products do you use..alls I see In my manual is to flush the motor with a moisture dispenser after each use and re oil the shaft bearings... If running in fresh water do I really need to do this every time ? Or once every 4-5 runs... Thanks in advance !
Old 06-28-2014, 10:45 AM
rhardy60

Originally Posted by s_pisco7084
Just picked up an aquacraft lucas oil catamaran and was curious what everyone's after care procedure is and what products do you use..alls I see In my manual is to flush the motor with a moisture dispenser after each use and re oil the shaft bearings... If running in fresh water do I really need to do this every time ? Or once every 4-5 runs... Thanks in advance !
I just let the water run out of the cooling system and i use marine grease after 5-6 runs paying close a tension to make sure everything lube good .
Old 07-15-2014, 06:06 AM
high-tech

Ok you bought a really nice boat... Here is what I do, I spray wd-40 or equivalent in the water lines to displace the water, also pull the flex cable wipe down spray with wd-40 wipe down again and leave it out until you ready to run the boat again because there is still moisture in the stuffing tube when you are done servicing just lay it in the boat and its ready and you know where its at and it won't get mixed up with other shafts once you get several boats. Also you need to oil the motor bearings with some good quality turbine oil or you can buy the special oil for brushless motors. I use the zoom spout oiler for swamp coolers from home depot it only cost a few dollars where as the specialty oil is over double that...

Also leave canopy off of the boat for a day or so, that's to make sure the inside is good and dry aired out so no moisture condenses inside your electronics while sitting in storage until you run again.

Last edited by high-tech; 07-15-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 AM
rhardy60

Originally Posted by high-tech
Ok you bought a really nice boat... Here is what I do, I spray wd-40 or equivalent in the water lines to displace the water, also pull the flex cable wipe down spray with wd-40 wipe down again and leave it out until you ready to run the boat again because there is still moisture in the stuffing tube when you are done servicing just lay it in the boat and its ready and you know where its at and it won't get mixed up with other shafts once you get several boats. Also you need to oil the motor bearings with some good quality turbine oil or you can buy the special oil for brushless motors. I use the zoom spout oiler for swamp coolers from home depot it only cost a few dollars where as the specialty oil is over double that...

Also leave canopy off of the boat for a day or so, that's to make sure the inside is good and dry aired out so no moisture condenses inside your electronics while sitting in storage until you run again.
y would u spray any kind of lubricant in the water lines , witch well limit water flow threw the line's ? jmo . just blow them out reel good if you run in saltwater .
Old 07-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Seeing how you're NW of me, you might want to pull the cooling coil off at least once a season to check for lime or other scaly build-up there as that can hurt the cooling. You can use something like Lime-Away to clean it. It still doesn't hurt to squirt some WD-40 or a cheaper equivalent through the system. You're not going to run in saltwater around here so you don't have to worry about that.