Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Kintec Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 04:24 PM
JUSTMECAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kintec Racing

I purchased a Zonda cat a couple of days ago. At least PayPal says I did. Cannot get a hold this company either through email or phone. Email has been un-returned at 2 addresses. Phone is a fax during business hours and voice mail after hours. I realize that it has only been 2 days since my payment. But, it is $810 dollars and I can't contact the company??? Anyone have any idea how to contact these people? Really pathetic way to treat customers spending a few bucks. Let alone several hundred. If anyone has any contact info besides the online lies, please forward it. Hate to cancel payment and open dispute. I want the boat and hate the hassle. Thank you all.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:13 PM
JUSTMECAT

My sincerest apologies to Jan at Kintec. Received an email that was exceptionally professional, informative and to the point. Gotta give "props" to the KINTEC RACING guys. They have my endorsement.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:55 PM
JUSTMECAT

Just an updated FYI. I received my boat. Beautiful and full of promise. But be advised. Boat arrived with a mis aligned motor mount and stuffing tube support. .Props were cast and not pictured CNC. Steering linkage swivel was stripped in grub screw hole. Dual pickup rudder was drilled all the way through, typical, was not plugged on bottom end. Antenna tube did not fit in antenna mount. Decals were peeling at tips right out of the box.Not an issue for me. Props needed to be shimmed with 0.5mm spacers to eliminate rattle and vibration.I took 2 days to inspect and contemplate this boat and calm down. Sent an email regarding my findings in a very decent context. It has now been 3 days and no reply. This has been my experience after $1100 in purchases from these guys. So ask before you buy. They ship everything you order in a timely manner. Customer service is great until you have an issue. Or so I am experiencing. Buy the hull and build it yourself. That way it is cheaper to build and not cheaper built.Also the V2 is not thicker carbon fiber. It is thicker resin. You can still see through it.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:22 PM
JUSTMECAT

Further update. Today while installing real cooling lines to replace the aquarium airline that is stock, I found four screws in the battery/servo tray to be connected to nothing. Just fake screwed into the tray.??? Anyways, still no reply from Kintec. Four days later and my "ARTR" is almost ready to run. Locktite and grease should be all that is left after correcting production issues. Will keep you updated as this progresses.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Apismelifera

Not a very good recommendation for the website or the product.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:09 PM
JUSTMECAT

Finally got the boat in the water. Ran it for about 2 minutes and brought her in for a quick check. Glad I did. The left drive was leaking at the mount. Needless to say that was it for the day. When attempting to remove the stinger to reseal I got the wonderful surprise of a socket head cap screw full of epoxy. After an hour of cussing I removed it. Only to find a less than half sealed drive full of water. Proceeded to remove the right side and it to was full of water and only partially sealed. So I still have a beautiful boat that has spent 2 minutes in the water and more hours than a radio install has ever taken on the bench. Still no reply from Kintec. Probably good at this point. Installing a carbon vertical servo mount tomorrow to replace the cheesy 3/32" stock zip strip.And this is neither an endorsement or attack on the product or supplier. Just a documented testimonial of my ongoing experience. When it is disputed I shall share the pictures. In the mean time I hope to have an enjoyable, decently fast sport boat when the kinks are finally ironed out.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:07 AM
JUSTMECAT

Well I installed my servo mount. No issues with that or laying the carbon fiber reinforcement. I did however find one of the battery tray t-nuts to be broken off the hull. And a minimal pull on an ESC lead removed the entire battery board it was mounted to. The adhesive used is brittle junk. Nothing I removed by accident or choice had been prepped for adhesion. Not sanded or I'll bet wiped with a thinner either. All 5 remaining battery tray mounts were easily removed by hand.The adhesive was then quickly removed with a thumbnail.The Zonda Cat is looking like a high priced low budget cash cow. The only things I have yet to replace on my ARTR are the electronics and flex shafts. Have yet to see how they work. Sent another email to kintec. Still no reply to the first one. This one has an increased level of discontent with the numerous reasons substantiating my position. Hoping to be able to give it another test run tomorrow. A good run would help my point of view out.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:04 PM
JUSTMECAT

Well here we are at day 15. All my modifications and pre-assembly corrections went well. Carbon fiber looks good and mounts are strong.Installed rudder and mounted ESC's. Fired her up and the right motor is stuttering. Switched ESC's and still the same. Another defective item in my steadily growing list.Finally received an email from "Jan" at Kintec. It was an insultingly arrogant attack on my "being new to hobby boats." Started in gas 30+ years ago and going on 20+ electrics, only 6 FE in the past 2 years.Anyways nothing is their fault according to "Jan." It is all TFL's fault. Although the majority of my issues are all KINTEC RACING.So, I now have to return a motor and hope for a replacement after stating the facts to them. And calling out their craftsmanship. 15 days and counting. 2 minutes run time and on hold.. Really sad for a "ARTR". Will post email response or motor replacement determination when I receive either.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:22 PM
JUSTMECAT

Well I got the boat in the water again. Ran fast and smooth for 5 minutes. Brought her in and gave it a break before installing fresh packs. Made it 30 feet from shore and it would only go in left hand circles. Rescued it and discovered the left motor was stuttering and defective. This is after I removed an extra set screw from the right motor that had been installed inside the can. So the list continues. If the SSS motors worked they would be great. Unfortunately, Two motors and two defective motors they were. Once again I can only say to avoid the pre assembled Zonda. Total junk. I now will have over $1300 and close to 40 hours into making this a reliable boat. The build from bare hull is about $800 and 25 hours for a much better end product. Best wishes to all. I will post next time I see water with this thing. New motors arrive in 2 days. Leopards this time.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:02 PM
JUSTMECAT

I have given Jan at Kintekracing an ultimatum.In the meantime I suggest you purchase only parts and hardware from these people. They are incompetent when it comes to assembly.

Edited to remove name calling references; mglavin

Last edited by mglavin; 11-10-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:55 PM
kitekook

Is there really any need for name calling?

edit....

Kintec has been nothing short of spectaular the last 5 YEARS in my experience.
fast shipping, lots of goodies, and quick resolutions to problems that may arise.

Being nice in the face of adversity does not cost anything...but does tip your hand to what YOUR made of.

Last edited by kitekook; 11-07-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: too strong, not worth it, sorry
Old 11-08-2014, 04:29 AM
captncrunch1234

I visit the forum from time to time to get answers but never even have to ask since the questions have already been answered.
But when I see a post like this I feel the need to respond. I have to agree with KiteKook.
I also have a Zonda from Kintec but they didn't build it TFL did and I luv it. All the issues the OP is complaining about came from the factory, not the retailer.
Looks like the OP came here and started an account just to start slamming online company's. The flags go up right there. First slamming then endorsing then back to slamming? Not just KR but also HK. Here is the link #452 http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...l#post11895515 He buys an esc, then tries to back out, then says it is faulty when he receives it, yeah right.
In post #8 the motor is stuttering and defective but in post #9 the boat is "running fast and smooth" Cant be both. No mention of any temp readings so I guess they were not checked? That would explain why the second motor is now cooked.
Member profile says 2 years boat experience. That would make the OP a newbie in boats compared to the guys at KR. It would also mean there should have been enough knowledge to check for leaks before he try's to run.
Looks to me like the issues the OP is having are all factory related yet all fingers point at KR. That's a shame since I have watched Kintec stay on top of the game and help take the boating world from a dinosaur age to the bullets we now enjoy. I have only been boating for about 10 years and have had nothing but stellar experience's from Kintec. The damage posts like this can do to small shops that try to help our hobby is totally uncalled for. There is always a second side to a story and this is one Id like to hear. Not sure what the OP's deal is, might be getting a discount from one company to slam another, I know it happens on the blue board.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:08 AM
rcollector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I have ordered from KR many times....Nothing but perfect service . I am shocked to see this thread. Sounds like TFL may have built a boat with some small issues that needed sorting out. I don't think that's too unuasual with chinese RTR boats.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:15 PM
JUSTMECAT

Yes this boat had numerous issues. The point is that Jan at KINTECRACING has repeatedly slammed me for contacting him and requesting amends. It has now escalated to an all out denial of warranty support or further communication. As much as I praise the prices and shipping there, I am now convinced that you need to purchase elsewhere. Nothing is Jan's fault and he is the FE GOD! For all those looking for a Hobbyking product, I suggest you go elsewhere. Built boats from a pile of balsa and hardwood for over 20 years and this guy tells me I have no clue and refuses to honor a warranty issue because I insulted his competence?

Moderator edit - content removed

Last edited by Justaddwata; 11-10-2014 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Flaming
Old 11-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Kintec Racing

Hello fellow boaters. Hope your summer went well, its over for us in the north and for the guys in the south we envy you.
Thanks to all the customers that have supported us in the past few years. Every one is greatly appreciated both occasional buyers and the repeat customers. We couldn't do this without you.
Looks like a little company info is in order for the people that do not know who we are. We are a small company with only a hand full of part time guys that enjoy the rc world. We should not be compared to the big company's. We do not have robots to fill your mail boxes up. We do not have people sitting around in some office waiting for the phone to ring. I will be the first to admit the e-mail needs to be better and in time it will be.
Our first priority is filling the orders and keeping the parts moving. We also manufacture products for our selves and others. This means the bulk of my time is spent in the shop not in the office.
Every morning the e-mails are reviewed for those special instructions for parts that need to be added or subtracted. I do not always respond to the e-mail but do carry out the request. Then at lunch I try to do the e-mails answering the questions the customers that need help with might have. Finally I try to do more e-mail at the end of the day. So the total time I have for e-mail is only around 2 hours a day, not nearly enough but until I can find some more quality help this is the way it has to be.
Another e-mail problem is a lot of customers like to attach files and photos or they will have their company letterhead attached. These run a high risk of not making it through the spam filters and end up in junk. I have a computer set aside to look at those e-mails but this does not happen everyday so there will be a time lag for them.
Problems will and do arise but I certainly don't ignore them. In fact the customers feedback is what keeps the garbage out and the good stuff flowing. The customers that do take the time to point something out are well taken care of not brushed aside as being inferred in this nice little thread. There are a handful of customers that will get proto type products for testing before we even try to sell them just so I can get others input and feedback before putting the final product out for the public. Every manufacturer will make junk from time to time but the key is keeping it from leaving the door which we are very good at. I have no problem tossing product in the trash that is not up to spec and would never pass it on to the customer. I always try to treat the customers the way I would like to be treated.
Lastly, When orders are completed tracking numbers are automatically sent. If paypal is not on your safe list you might not see them. We do not generate tracking numbers until the order is complete. Tracking numbers can also be found in your paypal account on the "details" page of the transaction. Most orders are completed the same day.
Next lets talk About the Zonda.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Kintec Racing

The TFL Zonda is a pretty good unit. You would have to spend at least double to get a higher end product like an H&M. It is more costly then most RTR's but for the money its a hard unit to beat. Impossible actually. The hardware is quality, the carbon fiber layup is very good. It is however just like all factory built boats that should have a second look before running. As with any other brand always take a minute to give it a bathtub leak test before running it. Every manufacturer out there sends some out the door that leak and this is no exception. Its also not a bad idea to double check the hardware for anything that might be loose.

What we do. First inspect for cracks or damage or anything that might turn into a problem. Then we check to see if anything might have come loose in shipping and if we find anything we fix it. Its common for things to come loose on such a big unit, the shippers do not like them and probably give the big box an extra kick.
If you are getting an ARTR we check all motors for kv. Since there is a "tolerance" on motor winding all motors vary some in kv. We then match the motors so each boat will have two motors with a very close matching kv so they will preform the same. Never perfect but close. I am sure HK does not do this, the factory doesn't and I would bet neither does any other vendor out there. This is why one guy can run one size prop and another guy cant. On the units going through our shop at least you can run the same size prop on each side and have the same temperatures and results.
Then we install the esc's and set them up to work the same and get the props to come on and off as close to each other as possible. We set them all up for 4s with the correct motor timing and secure the wiring to as clean a setup as we can. We then toss in our dual cooling rudder.
If your getting the RTR version we install your radio, set the trims and get it as close to rtr as possible. We can not install the rudder for shipping purposes, it is in a parts bag from the factory that we do no rummage through. That's pretty much it. When you factor in our time and add the customs tax its actually a zero profit unit for us.
In short its a great package on 4s that will break the 50mph mark. On 5s it starts to become a handful and takes practice to turn. Some customers are taking the hull to really high speeds on some hotter setups, but they are packages I am not willing to supply.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Kintec Racing

Now lets address Jon the disgruntled customer. When a customer places an order after hours its already a one day difference in time between the customer and us.
As soon as I had an update status of the order I e-mailed and he's all happy. The boat has to ship UPS so that can be a week till the customer gets it.
BEFORE Jon gets the boat he places a second order for a programming card, good idea, A waterproof receiver box, good idea, and an auto bailer, bad idea for electric. Means he plans on making the boat leak.
Then two days BEFORE he receives the boat he places a third order for thick wall tubing, carbon fiber cloth, carbon fiber sheet, z-poxy, mixing cups so his plan is obviously to tear everything out and beef the hull up.
Then one day BEFORE the boat arrives yet another order for a servo mount and swivel. I also see no mention of the free swivels I sent when he stated he forgot to order them. So now we have everything to completely redo the whole boat before he even lays eyes on it.
The first e-mail I get after he receives the boat are what he thinks are big problems. Loose antenna tube. One motor mount not exactly the same as the other and one stuffing tube bracket a few degrees out of square. No need for me to fan a fire since he didn't get it wet yet. I thought, let him run it and lets see if there are more complaints and we can address them all at once. Sure enough the second e-mail of complaints along with the name calling.
Even though I was called "incompetent" I still tried to help since it was obvious he was new to this type of boat. I was not trying to insult Jon just letting him know I could tell what level he was at.
It does not matter if one mount is slightly different then the other, it does not matter if the tube bracket is at a slight angle, the important thing is that the tube is anchored fast and inline with the motor which both were. We know this since this was the first batch that had the motor mounts moved and we needed make sure our upgrade shafts were the correct length. The alignment of motor to tube was perfect on this boat.
I tried to explain we don't install any of these components but he didn't want to believe that. His set screw in the swivel could very well have been stripped, it was in the parts bag from the factory that we never opened. He had asked for a boat with no stickers before the purchase so the one special instruction I gave was to go through the batch and see if any had questionable stickers on it.
I thanked him for pointing out to me that he had a rudder that was not plugged since that was our product and I have total control over that. We immediately pulled all the rudders and inspected them for missing set screws but could not find any. In a later e-mail he said the rudder was not missing any screws, well its either plugged with a set screw on not.
Then I get another e-mail stating he had a bad motor. I offered to replace the motor not in one e-mail but in three different e-mails. Three times I offered to replace the motor but he said he fixed it so there was no need.
Jon says I took it personal that he was calling out our craftsmanship yet I don't see any complaints of the soldering of the esc's which we did, or the way the boat was laid out, which we did. So he never did complain about our work in here or in any e-mail. Just the rudder which was promptly inspected.
After he completely rebuilds the boat he sent me a photo of the finished project. I asked at lunch that day if anyone wanted to bet me that the next e-mail was going to be about a burnt esc or motor. No takers. Sure enough the next e-mail says he has another motor problem. A picture can be worth a thousand words.
Then in here Jon says he gave me an ultimatum. His ultimatum was he would publicly slam me if I didn't replace the motors or make a good deal on an upgrade package. Yet it turns out he was slamming me the whole time behind my back.
Like I said before, three times he was offered an exchange and three times he didn't want to here it. I fully believe this whole thing was only to get a discount but really not sure. I did get a link e-mailed to me where he had stated he was building a 100mph zonda. I think that's the game we have here, thrash the little guy for a hobby that is a little pricey.
I couldn't figure out why this guy keeps slamming me and blaming me for TFL's work but I bet that's it.
If anyone would like me to forward any of the e-mails either to or from Jon which will back up what I say no problem just ask and I will forward them.
As for you Jon, make the same offer and produce even one e-mail where I slam or attack you. Not repeatedly like you say, just one.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:31 PM
JUSTMECAT

I retract my first attack on you. Let's try this right way. Please take note. The first motor had a set screw inside the can from the factory. I removed it. Temperature was 98 on right and 102 on left. Hobbyking issued a full refund for a defective product after testing the ESC. Nothing I stated cannot be substantiated either by email or pictures.In the future I suggest you ask questions before displaying a non existent omnipotence. If you had asked I would have gladly shared the documentation I possess. Furthermore I am only running 4S, 120 ESC, 3674 2075kv on stock 40mm props. With 5/16 quad cooling. Timing is standard 15 for Y wind. Not sure what your deal is?? Hope you met your obligations. I pay full price instant payment and only ask for a discount when making multiple purchases. Usually on shipping. In summation, please ask , don't proclaim. It's a big world. Yours doesn't equate.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:47 PM
JUSTMECAT

Jan, let's take this off the board. Just for starters we are in the same time zone. I really don"t want to show the world your shortcomings. Retract your lies and go away. I already ate the $60 motor you would not warranty because of my post. Too late buddy. My SD card is not for sale. Made my day to see you felt guilty enough make a public statement in your defense. Hope everyone else sees this for what it is. Like I said many days ago, replace the second defective motor, I fixed the first one, and it was done. Nope. Still defending your position. I have and will continue to give you props on your prices and shipping. Your customer service,however, is pathetic. I also still send customers in need of parts your way. You sold me an ARTR that was no where near ready run. Still not running. Because I had to wait for you to replace a defective motor. That you would not because I stated my circumstances and opinion. And thank you for your post. I feel vindicated by this action. It shows that you have an issue and are attempting damage control. If my disappointment prevents someone else from the same experience? It was worth it.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:05 PM
JUSTMECAT

I think you may need to reread your email. Another fact among many. I purchased 1 swivel and asked that you include a second and catch me on my next order. Furthermore the bailers are for a 46" California drag boat,"GAS & WOOD", from the 80's I am assembling for my father. REALLY?? What is with everyone knowing everything? They are still in the package and I hope my Zonda never leaks.So, I order parts for 3 boats and in your infinite wisdom you know what they are for and how they will be used. Not sure if that constitutes ignorance or arrogance. Please enlighten me. As stated. I have a defective boat and all you wish to do is argue.Send me my motor and you can have both your swivels back. Although I should keep one to replace the defective one on your rudder horn. I won't though. My fix is easier to use.All you had to do was say sorry. Then replace a motor that cost you nothing for a defective return. I could then bash around for the few weeks I had left before snow. And it would have been done. I have to suggest that you stop making assumptions and inquire as to intent. Balls in your court. Show these people the real you. Thank you for the excellent shipping and fair prices. I don't want to see you fail. Just want to see you improve.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:12 PM
JUSTMECAT

This is going to be a multiple reply thing. EWE! The alignment is irrelevant until it produces drag. Which in causes friction,heat,wear and drag on motor and shaft. I sent you the video demonstrating this.Let me figure out how to post video and pictures on here. Tired of this. Pictures and video show it all.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:30 PM
JUSTMECAT

Yes I did offer an ultimatum. To replace both motors after both had failed and my intelligence and knowledge had been insulted. Then upon having enough I asked for a discount on 2 4082 motors, mounts and 180 ESC's. After $1200 in purchases and defect issues I don"t see this as unreasonable. "A discount on a package!" Not free! At this point it is no longer about product or price. It is the principal and integrity of the seller. Jan, are you willing to allow me to post my mail and pictures??Here is the quote from your last email. "Unfortunately this "incompetent "greasy monkey" has just received a very interesting link were(should be where) I am being slammed pretty hard. You might want to find the edit button on the forums. No need for any further e-mail." Does that not constitute an ultimatum? You brought it here. Let's show the boating world what you do and how you are.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:45 PM
JUSTMECAT

I am building a hundred mile per hour zonda. Not with this though. Really? 4082 on 4S and I'm gonna go 100? Intend to make this a fast sport boat and sell it because it disgusts me every time i look at it. The new hulls are still inferior and incapable without 14oz of cloth and resin as well as 56 or better motors for 10x the price of yours. So, do the math. 4082 , 4S ,180 ESC , X446 prop. Cool running sport boat. Get the facts and do the math. You sell nothing for my Insanity project. Keep stating your infinite wisdom and apparent physic ability. The V2 upgraded and clean is an easier sale than the v1.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:07 PM
JUSTMECAT

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	094.jpg
Views:	1115
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2047023   Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	2047024   Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Views:	1237
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	2047025   Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	1641
Size:	4.86 MB
ID:	2047026   Click image for larger version

Name:	071.jpg
Views:	1281
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	2047027  
Old 11-12-2014, 08:11 PM
JUSTMECAT

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101.jpg
Views:	1583
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	2047029  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.