Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Rcmk 116 cc inline 4 cly

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Rcmk 116 cc inline 4 cly

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:07 AM
doug banner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rcmk 116 cc inline 4 cly

I know this is a a little off topic but does anyone know if this engine can be converted to a air cooled engine like the 57 cc twin. I'm building a 1/4 scale fuel dragster and this looks like the perfect power plant for my project any input would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

RCMK doesn't offer air-cooled heads for their engines. Ganging air-cooled Zenoah's would be easier to do. Earth Surfer Products out of Grand Rapids and sold through Dave's Discount Motors might be able to set you up.
Kalamazoo huh?
Old 11-23-2014, 11:31 AM
doug banner

Ya not to far from gr. I know that was a dumb question was just curious I've not seen this engine till just recently it would be a great dragster engine from the looks I could see it looked like two 57 twins put together and was hopeing that well you know you could put the 57 heads on it. Don't know unless you ask. Thanks tjhe to two twins together sounds good don't think it would be to hard to pull off. Thanks again for the input
Old 11-26-2014, 12:49 AM
w3bby

4 cylinder crankcase available from Matho Powertrain. You might be able to get Zenoah air-cooled heads to fit. Drop him a line and ask.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:36 PM
doug banner

Originally Posted by doug banner
Ya not to far from gr. I know that was a dumb question was just curious I've not seen this engine till just recently it would be a great dragster engine from the looks I could see it looked like two 57 twins put together and was hopeing that well you know you could put the 57 heads on it. Don't know unless you ask. Thanks tjhe to two twins together sounds good don't think it would be to hard to pull off. Thanks again for the input
Thanks for putting me on to this guy he said I need a rat house and would be no problem.let you know what happens but it sounds good sofar thanks again. Doug
Old 11-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

No problem at all. I've been to his house and saw his shop. He's east of US-131 and I think north of M-6. It's been a few years.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Nosedragger

http://www.davesmotors.com/ca820.html
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9561/.f