Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
72" Mystic Catamaran  build >

72" Mystic Catamaran build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

72" Mystic Catamaran build

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72" Mystic Catamaran build

Hello fellow boaters, I have a build im in the process of building a 72" Mystic Catamaran and installing dual inline twins, I'm needing advice on some good hardware to install, preferably a hardware package from a good online retailer. Or individual pieces. Either way I need to know all hardware I'm needing from top to bottom (drive, rutters ect...)

Thanks in advance my friends and happy boating*

Old 08-04-2015, 07:34 PM

Check the following website. www.gizmomotors.com/. Gizmo sells engines, hardwares, all that you need for your build he likely have.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

https://www.mtc-powerboat.de/index.php?lang=en are worthy a look.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:37 PM

I truly appreciate the advice guys, but what all do I need for hardware on the 72" Mystic? It's a dual drive with dual inline twins?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Wolfeman
I truly appreciate the advice guys, but what all do I need for hardware on the 72" Mystic? It's a dual drive with dual inline twins?
Have you built a twin cat before (any size hull)? Are you building it for gas or electric?
Old 08-14-2015, 01:42 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you are looking for a package of hardware to install a pair of inline motors into a 72" Mystic - there is no such animal. It is typically a matter of knowing what you are looking for and buying and modifying something to suit your needs. an inline twin build is an advanced build - something where you have to have a good handle on what you are doing - otherwise the lessons you are going to be learning are going to be expensive x 2.

I personally would recommend you look for something already built on the market or have one built (by someone with a wealth of experience with such builds) - while it lacks the DIY appeal it may save you $$ and time/frustration in the long run.

I dont like to recommend against learning how to do something - but if you are asking these questions at this stage of the build then chances are you might want to start with a single build and develop the skills and knowledge needed to save yourself some frustrations with a very complex build.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:15 PM

Very good advice in the previous post. Ok, I'm obviously not a nitro guy so I'm editing my post after seeing these inline motors the OP is talking about. But still, two total gas motors or two total medium-large brushless motors are more than enough to push a 72" cat beyond it's limit. Here's an MHZ 185 with two RCMK K30's. Do you really need more? And to qualify that question, I'm a guy who isn't satisfied with less than 700HP in a daily driven street car. So I like over-the-top, excess power...but in this case it seems like an over-complicated approach to do a twin inline setup.

Last edited by lt130th; 08-14-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:29 AM

Good morning and thank you for the valuable advice. This is not my first build, I built a mono vhaul with a zenoah 26 a few years back. This is my first catamaran build as I know there's different hardware to a cat vs a vhaul as I'm not familiar with. I decided to go with the twin inline set up because I like a challenge. This is no quick puttogether project. I plan on taking my time with this build and making it a beautiful piece. I'm open to all suggestions and opinions thanks again all my fellow RC"ers