Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Pay N Pak

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 05:18 AM
vintageshack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pay N Pak

I recently acquired this hydro model and I can't find much info on it. Its a plastic model, and from the looks of the yellowing of the plastic, its fairly old. Theres no electronics with it, but I plan on getting some new stuff and running it once the spring comes. Any info on this specific would be great!

Old 12-04-2023, 06:45 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that boat is really only good for a small swimming pool. It is what is normally referred to as "toy grade". That boat might get up to 20 KPH or so, if you're lucky.
With that said, it looks like the previous owner went crazy and just stuck stickers all over it, kind of like what is done on the cars raced in NASCAR here in the US. You might be better off getting a set of plans and building a boat if you're looking to get into the hobby. A 1/10th scale boat would be a better choice and would be between 85 and 90cm long and can be built using readily available parts as far as running and radio gear. It's also possible to buy fiberglass hulls that are much better than the boat you have now. Just a thought.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:41 AM
vintageshack

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I see the driver name is wrong and it has Atlas Van Lines on it too! Someone definitely went a little sticker happy! I'm happy with just getting it running for the kids to putter around with. I've built 2 boats in the past and I've always wanted to build a hydro similar to this.
Old 12-04-2023, 06:38 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Okay, that makes things a little easier. For a boat that looks and runs like a hydro should, I would contact David Newton. He has plans for most, if not all, of the hydroplanes that ever raced. He can be reached at [email protected]
As for getting the toy boat running and getting the drive parts needed for a bigger performance boat, I would recommend contacting Offshore Electrics. They deal in electric boats and parts and should be able to get you on the water. Their website is https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/