Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

newbie - Plans

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Matt@aus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie - Plans

OK, this a maiden posting here.
I have tried to read as much of hte previous posts as possible.

I am after a source for free or otherwise open water Deep V hull in Australia. I checked the local Bunnings store to get a 25cc homlite motor, so really need to get serious about biulding a hull.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanx in advance
Matt
Old 01-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: newbie - Plans

There are some from the Land of Oz that hang out in www.intlwaters.com . Check the AMPBA site also. Australia is a big place so you'd have to be more specific in there as to where you are.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:52 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Hey Matt ,
Just an opinion here . You might want to try building a cracker instead of a deep vee . There is more to get wrong with a vee verses a cracker . ( well , actually , same goes for a cat and tunnel - easier to build from scratch that is )
Not really sure if your gonna find a "free" set of plans for a vee , but , if you had CAD , I could email you a freebie for a Castrol Tunnel [8D]
Old 01-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Flying Monkey

Hey Matt. I am also a fellow Australian builder. If this is your first crack at RC, or even boats, i suggest building a simple airboat. They are great fun and really simple to make. There are quite a few sites around the web that specialize in airboats. I am about to build a airboat with my 25cc McCulloch, just for fun. And the fact that i cant afford all the running gear[:'(]. Just another mention, i am also building a bar stool racer for a 50cc SOLO chainsaw. Should be great fun. Find out about them [link=http://www.barstoolracing.net]HERE[/link]
Old 01-16-2004, 12:26 AM
pro27

There is an AIRBOAT forum right here on RCU. We would be more than willing to help you out with any ?????????????s.

Right TERBO? (the gas airheader)

OOOPpps......I meant gas AIRBOATER with some mention of good experience at crashing........

I mean a great guy to provide relavent info on building a Big Gas Airboat that runs expertly!

Whew......[sm=drowning.gif]

You know I like to chid around.....right TERBO? Right? RIGHT??????
Old 01-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Mr Cajun Gator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T-Bob he's not kidding.....he told me that...LOL
Old 01-16-2004, 10:19 AM
pro27

Would you believe someone who lives in LA, LA, LA LAnd?
or someone who lives in WI, WI, WI ?

I thinks me better shut up !
Old 01-17-2004, 09:12 PM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Hey ...
Now ... if we can't have fun ... then what the hey ? Why even do this right ? FUN is what its all about and joking around IS part of that fun ...

And as already stated ... the AIRBOAT FORUM here is VERY good ( and no , I am not tooting my own horn ... shoot , compared to those other two , I am only a novice .... THEY are the REAL pro's ( LOL --- look at that , he even HAS that name - )
Seriously though ... the AIRBOAT forum IS a good one and can ALWAYS use new additions to the threads ...
no matter how experienced or in-experienced ... as long as you want to have FUN ... then we're there to help and shoot ... maybe YOU TOO , could throw out some ideas . New ideas COULD make for BETTER ways
Come on over and hey ... be sure to post some pics or a video ( I am a FANATIC about pics and vids - , so ... you'd better post some - )
Old 01-18-2004, 01:19 AM
pro27

TERBO...........I hate it when you make sense and don't leave an opening for a quik-snip......[sm=tongue.gif]

BTW........'pro' comes from me running pro version stock (27 turn) motors in my elec touring and stadiium trucks. Yea......I guess you can call be a two-timer, but a guy has to have something to keep the reflexes sharp during the hard water season (especially when ya can't take the cold).
Old 01-19-2004, 01:14 AM
tsunami

hey Terbo bob what class tunnel is it that you have the file for

or better yet do you have any pics of it or a screen shot.ive heard they make great boats
Old 01-24-2004, 12:00 AM
Matt@aus

Terbobob, thanx for the plans.

Having compared the Cracker box and Castrol Tunnel, I will go down the CB route. Construction is definitely easier for first boat.

BTW
For those wondering about CB's I found a great site with a project for a CB. Check out
http://www.modelgasboats.com/Home/Ar...crackerbox.htm

Matt
Old 10-18-2006, 06:16 PM
rickburnout666

Hi TERBObob or any one, do you have some plans you could email to me?
Thanx in advance Rick

[email protected]
Old 10-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Quicksilver

you might be able to pull off a shallow vee, but a CB is cool..
Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Matt,I to went the cracker route for my first build.My first one was a Dumas kit and the second one was from Jerry Dunlap plans I got from www.rcstore.com The frames aren't equal size from the left and right sides of them,I got the redrawn ones from http://groups.msn.com/OxfordCountyCrackerboxes/home.htm in their miscellaneous section and printed them out.I took them to a place with a copier and set it at 170% and they came out the correct size.Lots of pics and addvice on that site .Crackers are their specialty.Have Fun I also found free crackerbox plans at http://powerpete.20megsfree.com Go to the crackerbox running pics and click on the first 2 pics to get the plans.