Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 need help with prop for a TV show >

need help with prop for a TV show

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

need help with prop for a TV show

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with prop for a TV show

hey, i don't know much about RCing but i'm looking for help. i'm building a boat to be used as a prop for a tv show. I need to get an out of the box boat and rig it with camera and sound gear. all the gear adds like 7 pounds. I did a similar thing with a RC truck, but with all the weight, the truck battery only lasted for like 5 minutes. is there any way to hook up two batteries in serial to get more life out of the boat? also, if anyone knows of good boat that might be suited for this.
thanks,
al
Old 10-11-2004, 04:43 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: need help with prop for a TV show

Why not use one of the small camera and transmitters that others have been using? There is a section in the airplane area on aerial photography that could be helpful. A scale boat like some of the tugs that can handle a lot of onboard weight. If you want speed, then you'll have to go with a Gas boat.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help with prop for a TV show

Try here: www.vac-u-boat.com/
There's a section about cameras on boats (still cameras, but adapting a wireless TV camera isn't that difficult. Probably not what you're looking for, but should give you an idea or two.
- 'Doc