Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

motor question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 01:11 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor question

my boat has a gearbox 2to1 with a speed 600 wondering if the 700bb graupner motor would be a good choice to go direct drive and maybe what kind of prop does anyone suggest I am running 8 cell 3000 mah batteries how much speed difference should i expect
Old 10-24-2004, 01:54 PM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: motor question

What type of boat do you have this equipment in? Is it a surface drive, semi-submersed, etc. The 700 is a wonderful motor but there are several different 700's available.

Pete
Old 10-24-2004, 03:40 PM
pompebled

Default RE: motor question

As Pete said, there are a number of 700 motors available, the 700 BB being one of the most popular next to the SSI from Finedesign, but your boat needs to be able to carry at least 12 (better 14) sub-C cells.

Depending on the hullshape and set-up 25Mph+ is possible, with the hull reinforced rigid and warpfree even 30Mph+, but that may take months of tweaking.

Regards, Jan.