Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
 water pick up for nitro hammer ? >

water pick up for nitro hammer ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

water pick up for nitro hammer ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pick up for nitro hammer ?

finally got the boat in the water...had problems starting it (my fault) and now it seems as if it doesnt pick up any water to cool it...tube isnt kinked or anything and it seems like it would work...what am i missing?...

Thanks

Chad
Old 03-03-2005, 09:01 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: water pick up for nitro hammer ?

do you have a picture?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:45 AM

sorry i dont have a camera at the moment (just moved) but what im talking about is the little U shaped thing on the bottom of the boat thats infront of the prop...that i believe has siclone tubing connected to it which goes to the head of the engine through it and then out on the port side of the boat...mine doesnt flow any water and the engine gets REAL hot....how can i fix this?

hope that helped.

Thanks

Chad
Old 03-04-2005, 12:54 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Check to see if you can blow through the lines to see if you can locate any blockage in the pick-up, head or outlet. It doesn't take much to plug up a line, especially in ponds where there is a lot of little stuff floating on the water.
Dumb question but I have to ask. Are you driving the boat fast enough to get water flowing? Slow running won't get enough water pushed up into the cooling line.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:00 AM

thanks ron i'll try that tommrow...and ya im running it fast enough...hehe...i did have to go swimming to go get it the first time...you guys wernt kidding about having a means of getting your boat in case it stalled. i borrowed the neighbors canoe...nice and dry

Thanks

Chad
Old 03-04-2005, 01:31 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

They're a pretty nice boat for the price. The first one that I saw run, I was surprised at how fast they are out of the box.
I have to check the cooling on my boats once in a while. The ponds that I run in have a lot of algae, weeds and other debris floating around.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:34 AM

Hi there...

I just bought a hammer as well, and I have the same problem with the cooling water. Even at mid-speeds not much water is coming out of the hole. Had a couple of people to look at it, and they say its made by the book, but I am a bit worried about the engine getting overheated too. Hope you'll find a sollution!!

Good swimming