Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

DANGER WARNING:

Old 03-23-2005, 12:14 AM
Sidekick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DANGER WARNING:

Danger warning to anyone planning to use Prestwich Models in England.

To recap., I ordered some parts from Prestwich on January 1st. 05.

He scooped $72 USP from my credid card about 1 day later, translating to nearly $200.00 NZ Dollars.

I am still waiting, over 3 months now and he will not answer my emails. I have sent 4 so far, I have phoned 3 times so far, I actually spoke to him on one occation, and he assured me he had sent the parts about 5 days prior to our conversation. CRAP.

All I can do now is say goodbye to my money, and advive as many people as possible about this unscrupulious trader, ( or can I say scavenger ) at PRESTWICH MODELS in England.

How anyone can lay straight in bed when he treats customers the way I have been treated is amazing.

As you folk will no doubt find out, he will not even have the GUTS to even acknowlege the trouble he has put me to.

Sidekick.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: DANGER WARNING:

I'll get Dave Marles back in here again to answer.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I got this e-mail from Dave:

Hi Ron, This is the same person from before.
I've changed my mind about this because I actually decided to delve into it a bit more. It seems this person transmitted their card and account details to us early in January but did not enter the CVT security code and so we were unable to process the order. As far as I can see it took us until 23rd Jan to get the code from them. At that point their card was charged to check that everythiung was valid and the order was a shipped a few days later.. This person uses several email accounts which is a bit confusing as we do have a lot of NZ customers already.

By the way, I think we are dealing with a child here. Someone phoned me about this order a couple of weeks ago and I told them I would send another set of equipment. Which I did by recorded delivery.
In view of this I will not be refunding their card as I am sure they will receive the parts. I cannot believe that 2 orders would go missing.

Regards Dave

Prestwich Models
Old 03-23-2005, 03:15 PM
DaveMarles

Normally I don't get involved in these discussions, preferring to try sort out problems. However in this case I think anyone reading the first post by Side Kick, Kiwi Boy or whatever he calls himself today, can draw their own conclusions as to the kind of person making a post like that. I have contacted several other UK mail order model companies that I know to warn them off dealing with this person. We need people to be reasonable in mail order dealings. No one is perfect, least of all me, but for someone to come on an open forum and to say that I am a crook and don't deal with my business is just a disgrace and I can tell you that on most other forums that post would be instantly buried. I would actually have refunded the money and just left the goods in the hands of this person but after the posting above I will not do that. He will probably try to rip me off in some other way now, but I have been in this business 27 years and so a few sticks and stones thrown by a moron won't really bother me. I ship out 40 to 50 orders per day and for sure a few eggs will get broken doing that but I do try to resolve any problems and plenty of times I've been out of pocket doing just that, but so what, that's business. Anyone who knows me, knows that I give up a lot of my time giving free advice and help in many technical forums around the World and that's what I think these forums should be for, not for flaming others. Just my opinion of course.
Dave Marles.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:25 PM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Well both sides of this issue have posted and feel that any more comments are unnecsasary so I will close it down.