Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

i think i made a HUGE mistake

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

i think i made a HUGE mistake

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:19 AM
jserb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think i made a HUGE mistake

ok i need help! i have been working on this wood boat forever and i glassed the sides and i JUST did the deck about 4 hours ago. PROBLEM IS: the cloth from the deck has "floded" itself down onto the side of the boat!!( WHICH IS ALREADY GLASSES WITH CLOTH!!!!) now, i cut of the excess cloth and now on the side of my boat i have 2 layers of cloth in a certian area!!!! I NEED TO FIX IT!! so i was dthinking maybe i could put about 5 coats of resin OVER this to hide the curvey line of the second cloth. BUT i dont wanna be able to see it EVER! please if this has happend to anyone, WHEN you want to see the wood underneath the glass and you "overlapped" the two cloths and you needed to erase that line//edge so you would have a nice clear surface!! HOW DO YOU FIX IT!!! PLEASE HELPPPPPPP
Old 03-26-2005, 09:20 PM
jeremy12

Default RE: i think i made a HUGE mistake

i have no idea sanding it would make it worst . ?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:19 AM
Haoleman
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: i think i made a HUGE mistake

WAX ON...WAX OFF

Now.s the time to see how good your elbows are. You have to blend the layers by sanding until smooth. No big deal but time consuming. You will probably find wet sanding with a block makes it easier, Search Pat Trittle's postings on applying fiberglass.

Terry