Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

IM New Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Ted Viti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IM New Here

Hello, I M new here i just joined. I was at Six flags over the weekend and they have these awsome RC Boats and These Huge Battle ships, The kind where you put a quarter in then steer the boat out on the water. Is There any place I could buy one of THEM. Thank you for your help.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:35 PM
green-boat

Default RE: IM New Here

Give Six flags a call and ask for the head of the engineering department. They should be able to tell you who made them if not that then who fitted them out.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Umi_Ryuzuki

Thola Design is one of the firms that supply the park industry with coin op RC features

http://www.thola.com/

[8D]

You would probably be better off building up a kit on your own. As the system in the park features are all connected back to a larger computer system and software for the coin op timer and RC aspects.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:27 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Welcome to RCU! Look around in the boat forums. You'll find there are many choices that can actually be more fun than the coin operated models. There are boats that people use to battle each other, scale boats that look just like a big one, sail boats that offer a relaxing afternoon at a park pond, and gas, nitro, and electric boats that can reach high speeds and provide an opportunity to race.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Ted Viti

Thank you guys for the replys....THOSE are the boats i saw. I am looking for or maybe build one simular to those, I DONT want speed, just the smoothness they have...Does that make sence? Something with a long range RC, 150 -200 yards. Any suggestions where to buy one, or start?