Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

FIRE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRE!

I mean this to be a light-hearted thread, but I wondered what everyones fire experiences have been with this hobby.

To share my eperience. I was running my Villain IV with 2 trinity mosters on 9.6v and 3200mAmps with a tekin esc, The motors hadnt been run before and I didnt know what I was doing at the time, no water-cooling, now little tests........no lets just take it out full throttle for 5 minutes. Well 3 minutes in, smoke starts coming from the cockpit though the deck(plastic melted). It quits too 30' out from me, I get to it, open and billowing smoke comes out, my father intelligently bring an extinguisher, Figured the motors were running 20+ amps on 16 gauge wire and kysho connectors. After the accident, I water cooled the motors and esc and switched to 12 gauge wire, gold connectors, and a 25amp fuse. Nnever had trouble again, but what a site if I had a camera it would have looked like fire on a real boat.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:08 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: FIRE!

Did it look like this?

I didn't gets flames, just 'flamed', by my wife who was there naturally, to take pictures.

Duck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27179.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	501969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20307.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	501970  
Old 08-05-2006, 07:08 AM

i havent had a boat catch on fire yet. but some of the older guys i run with that are like 65 fill their gas tanks up wile smoking their cigarets its quite scary because they fill the boats up neer where everyone sits.but no fires yet
Old 08-05-2006, 10:00 AM

nice pics duck,

I wouldnt want to be around those guys smokin