Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

FLORIDA lakes or ponds to race boats???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

FLORIDA lakes or ponds to race boats???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 06:20 PM
CRD
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLORIDA lakes or ponds to race boats???

Where in FLORIDA, at least 20-30 miles in or around ORLANDO AREA , where can I race my boat. I only have 3 lakes and 2 of them are not good for racing, the other lakes , are PRIVATE or gated ponds etc. I have 4 boats and I can't find a nice place to run them.

Are they any R/C parks? does that exist? artificial ponds just for boat races etc?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:35 PM
saleens7

Default RE: FLORIDA lakes or ponds to race boats???

the only place i can think of that is remotely close to you is http://www.orlandoculvertdodgers.com/
Old 05-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Believe It
Banned

Might wanna check out this website [8D] http://www.orlandoculvertdodgers.com/
Old 05-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Believe It
Banned

damn beat me by 8 seconds LOL [:-]
Old 05-19-2007, 07:25 PM
saleens7

ORIGINAL: Believe It

damn beat me by 8 seconds LOL [:-]
Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Thin water

I live about 40 min east of Orlando in DeLand. There are so many lakes around Orlando t orun I don't know where to start.

Blue lake at East Minnesota and Blue Lake Avenue in DeLand is a nice sheltered lake with a public ramp. It never has any boat traffic and can take boats to about 45 mph.

Lake Diaz on Hyw 11 about 5-7 miles north of DeLand is about 1 hr 15 min and is huge but is plagued with jet ski's on the week ends.

There are about 40 or more lakes in the city of Deltona (Deltona is some indian word meaning "Lakes") about 30 minutes east of Orlando, many with public ramps. I don't go there due to there being several around DeLand so you would to check it out on the internet.

Lake Monroe (Sanford, I-4 at 17-92) is about 25 minutes east of you. It is a mile wide and several long. There is a large public ramp and park on the east side of the lake near an old power plant. The water level is way down so no boats will use that side of the lake. The entire west side of the lake hass a concrete wall that people used to sit on and fish. You can set up anywhere on this wall, park your car and go for it. Go early as this lake can get white caps in the afternoon.

Also check out Lake Eustis in Lake County about 45 minutes north of you on 441/44. It is several miles wide. There are many public parks around it. Boat traffic will be heavy on the weekends but it is so big you won't notice unless they get close.

Most of the ramps along the St. Johns river are in no wake zones. Some of these may work also.

Good luck, I am sure you will find one to use regularly that meets your needs.

JIM
Old 05-20-2007, 09:23 PM
CRD
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the info, is hard to find a good lake in orlando area, they're either Private, gated, surrounded by homes, on the side of the highway, or if good to race, then you have the complete shore filled with weed or plants. And the good ponds that I always wanted to race this boats are empty , we need more rain

Only lake good to race in the mornings is on a park on Lee Road, and the other one is in apopka.

ORIGINAL: Thin water

I live about 40 min east of Orlando in DeLand. There are so many lakes around Orlando t orun I don't know where to start.

Blue lake at East Minnesota and Blue Lake Avenue in DeLand is a nice sheltered lake with a public ramp. It never has any boat traffic and can take boats to about 45 mph.

Lake Diaz on Hyw 11 about 5-7 miles north of DeLand is about 1 hr 15 min and is huge but is plagued with jet ski's on the week ends.

There are about 40 or more lakes in the city of Deltona (Deltona is some indian word meaning "Lakes") about 30 minutes east of Orlando, many with public ramps. I don't go there due to there being several around DeLand so you would to check it out on the internet.

Lake Monroe (Sanford, I-4 at 17-92) is about 25 minutes east of you. It is a mile wide and several long. There is a large public ramp and park on the east side of the lake near an old power plant. The water level is way down so no boats will use that side of the lake. The entire west side of the lake hass a concrete wall that people used to sit on and fish. You can set up anywhere on this wall, park your car and go for it. Go early as this lake can get white caps in the afternoon.

Also check out Lake Eustis in Lake County about 45 minutes north of you on 441/44. It is several miles wide. There are many public parks around it. Boat traffic will be heavy on the weekends but it is so big you won't notice unless they get close.

Most of the ramps along the St. Johns river are in no wake zones. Some of these may work also.

Good luck, I am sure you will find one to use regularly that meets your needs.

JIM
Old 08-21-2012, 06:17 PM
skater 80

Also if you live in east orlando you can run your boat at Avalon park. Its on south Alafaya turn left into avalon park then another left after the wellsfargo bank go 1/4 mile its on your left. it has grass all the way around the pond its deep and clean its about 200m long and at the wides point it about 150m I run my 80" cat there every Sat. and Sun. 12:00 to 6:00.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:03 AM
MassiveOverkill

I'm probably too far away from you but you, but anyone near my area is welcome to run your FE in my lake.  I'm right by the gate\mailboxes which is open during the day and closes about 7:00.  But I'll be happy to buzz ya in and would be happy to help you rescue your boat.

My lake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3pqnpnQew
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys do realize this thread is more than 5 years old.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: skater 80

Also if you live in east orlando you can run your boat at Avalon park. Its on south Alafaya turn left into avalon park then another left after the wellsfargo bank go 1/4 mile its on your left. it has grass all the way around the pond its deep and clean its about 200m long and at the wides point it about 150m I run my 80'' cat there every Sat. and Sun. 12:00 to 6:00.
Hum? I received an internal Server Error that host this site so, I am going to attempt to ask my question once more![:@]
================================================== ===================================
Skater 80,

I live nearby the Avalon Park Community and do banking at the Wells Fargo Bank you cited.

I have a large 72 inch long Plywood "Electric" RC PT311 Boat (Patrol Torpedo) and like to see if I can join you at this location?

Can you please verify the Lake you have indicated here, I am providing an aerial map of the location you described in your post and please indicate where is parking?

Thank you!
Carlos