Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Not Sure What Im Doing?? Please Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Not Sure What Im Doing?? Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Showell0027

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Sure What Im Doing?? Please Help

Hey guys im new at this RC boating but i got one 3 weekes ago and its fun as hell i go when ever i can... ok here is the thing i have a kyosho Sun Storm 600 i know its not the best but ,,, for a frist boat and 95 bucks shipped to the house i wasnt going to pass it up we'll it says on the box a 550 watercooled 20turn.. stock motor and its pretty quick and fun but now that i got it down i want something with a little more umph to it.. lol u know so the guy in hobby store told me go with a 17turn motor ... and i was looking at these kyosho Aquaspeed modified motor 17turn now is that a good one.. or does anyone know or have any they think would work out for me i have a 50A forward and 20A rev, ESC and it runs off the big batt pack... so if u have time get back to me thanks ..... shaun !!! : )
Old 09-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Not Sure What Im Doing?? Please Help

If you want a better chance of getting good answers, you might be better served asking this in the electric forum. Those people know considerably more about ESC's and high performance motors than I do and can give better advice
Old 09-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Showell0027

oh ok thank u ...
Old 09-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Ghost in the shell

that 50A esc will run on 7.2 to 12v, (6-10 cells) on ni-cd/ni-mh batteries, and is plug and play no fancy set up or anything like that, HOWEVER it must be noted that when you turn Your TX on, make sure that the stick is centered, otherwise when you turn the boat on, the esc will power up the Rx but wont power up the motor circuit, this I believe is a safety feature
Old 09-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shaun, the Kyosho Aquaspeed is an excellent motor. All of Kyosho's modified motors are very stout. It also appears you have a strong enough rated esc so I would go for it. Be aware that when you go to a lower turn motor you also usually have to go to a smaller diameter prop as well. Don't worry, the boat will still be faster with the smaller prop because of the hotter motor.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Showell0027

Thanks guys for the help... : )