Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

old am futaba

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old am futaba

I have an old futaba attack-4 fp-4nbl complete radio system. Now I know that fm is really the only safe way to go for gas boats but I figured that maybe I can use it for now on my woody.
BUT, their is a sticker on the back of it that says: "72 MHz, aircraft use only, surface use prohibited by fcc regulation"
Is this saying that because its 72 MHz. Can I change the crystals to make it legal?

Is there a way I can use this?
Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 AM

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: old am futaba

A change of crystal will only changed channel within the band. You will need to get the transmitter and receiver converted to any new band. Probably cheaper to buy a new one and sell the old one to a flyboy.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Yes, sell it.

If you turn it on to run a boat or car, and crash someones plane, or cause a helicopter being flown in the park to fly into a fence or someones leg,... That would be a bad thing...

[:'(]
Old 10-14-2007, 12:30 PM

do not use it if your planning on running a boat, as said before you could cause problems for any r/c aircraft. get the right set-up, that way you know your safe