Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Best boat for the buck!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Best boat for the buck!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Surpluzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best boat for the buck!!!!

I am a future boat owner, but first I need to know wich one to buy. I dont care if its electric or nitro but I plan to spend about 300 dollars. Can anyone tell me which boat is best in reference to speed and fun.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Best boat for the buck!!!!

i'm not sure about the best boat for the buck but another $50 and you could get this one. i just got one this past summer and have had nothing but fun with it http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2750
Old 11-12-2007, 08:06 AM
goldendesign04

Best suggestion would be to narrow down wether you want nitro or electric there is trade ofs to both- millions of battery selections an varying degrees of performance by amps draw an so on then there is nitro can be a little challenging to get in tune maintence after running is mandatory an fuel is expensive. Some other things to consider is noise factor electric is quiet while nitro is loud but really cool sounding in my book. I was never one to figure out the electrics an love the smell of nitro burning in the morning. once you figure which is the best for you then the choice of which rtr is for you each forum speed elec an speed nitro have great threads on virtually every rtr thats worth the time an money an plenty of threads on which ones arent. Welcome to boating an any other questions I think you can expect an overwhelming response.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 AM
Surpluzz

I went with the Traxxas Villain EX. I was sold on the twin E motors and drives. I have 7 nitro offroad vehicles so I am ready for some ease of use (Not that nitro is difficult) because I like to travel to the lake during the summer. I am happy with my choice AND its performance so far, but I would like to hear from some experienced E boat owners and get their opinions on E boat hopups primarily for the Villain EX or similar. Thanks guys. Feel free to list them here.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22542.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	803651  
Old 11-14-2007, 10:30 AM
slivic003

For hop up performace you can try some other props for more speed . Also a couple of brushless motors and some lipo batteries will really get it moving fast .