Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

rudder placement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

rudder placement

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 PM
kacz7895

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rudder placement

I am new to the hobby going to be building a ezvee from zippkits and was had one question on rudder placement

I have looked at a lot of pics of deep vee boats to get ideas and it seems 90% of them the rudder is offset to the right side of the boat. Is this because when you are racing these things it turns better. I always figured that the rudder would be located behind the propeller.

what are the advatages to this set up verses dual rudders or one directly behind propeller
Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
slivic003

Default RE: rudder placement

The rudder is mounted on the right for making right hand turns . It allows the rudder to dig deeper in the water when making only right hand turns allowing more control and response when racing on a course . If you are just using the boat as recreational pleasure I would use a twin rudder system or a rudder mounted inline with the prop . this will allow you to make left and right turns . I prefer a single rudder inline with the prop over the twin rudder . Hope this helps you out .
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM
kacz7895

Default RE: rudder placement

Thank you for the information. With the rudder to the side i figured that would help you turn better in corners but was not sure.

which is better or preferred dual rudder system or single not mouted to the side