Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Controller and receiver problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Controller and receiver problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:00 PM
patmine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Controller and receiver problem

Hello all, I am very new to the rc boating world. A friend of mine gave me an Aquacraft v24 boat. I can get the boat started without any issues. The problem that I am having is that the controller and the receiver are not talking to each other. They both have brand new batteries installed. When i turn on the electronics in the boat you can hear and see the servo move. The controller led turns on, and both units have the same crystal numbers. Not sure what to do next. Could it be controller, electronics, or crystals that are bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I cannot wait to get this thing in the water, the motor sounds really good!! Also, is this a decent boat to have for a beginner? Thank you in advance for youre help in this matter!!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Controller and receiver problem

I know nothing about the boat you have but the transmitter to receiver problem I can suggest two things.
Make sure the servo (s) is plugged into the correct socket in the receiver.

Try the transmitter on another receiver with the same frequency. If it a known good receiver and you get no response then Id' suspect the transmitter is bad. If you do get response, then your receiver is bad. The servos will always "jump" when powered up but that doesn't mean the receiver is working. Could be a bad crystal in the transmitter but it could also be a bad crystal in the receiver.
There should be a warranty on the radio if it's new. Send the system back and have it repaired.

One last thought; has the boat been in the water? Many new boaters don't pay enough attention to making sure the radio box is water proof. If there is water in the receiver it will not function properly.