Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

participant requested

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

participant requested

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
tedboog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default participant requested

Hello, RCers

I am creating a scaled version of a greek trireme. All motions should be scaled down to the real speeds as the real boat moved. This boat, scale 35:1 and three rows of rowers at each side, rowed and sailed ca 50BC. I can steer the sails by height of the ra, lowering of the sail and angle of the ra. I need something to steer the ropes on the ends of the ra and lowered sailtips. The same thing happens at the front sail.
My solution: make a stamp computer to calculate the lengths of the ropes (8x) and send a PWM signal to home modified servo's (Robbe/bubata s3001 servo). This to overcome overstressing convensional sailwrenches (in 30 seconds they should reach a 75 cm extention on rope).
My biggest question: Could someone help me in choosing a stamp processor? I am a novice in programming and want to start in C++
My smaller question: Would anybode be interrested in joining me in this build, through knoledge? Maybe this contact would be my greatest quest.
This whish has been a going on for 25 years now, at least. Any help is appriciated.

I don't know if I may state my email addreass here, but [email protected] is where I am.
I have nowhere else to turn to so far.

Ted
Old 03-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: participant requested

There's a gentleman that has build a few ships like that. I seen one at the St Louis Admiral's regatta a couple of years ago. Maybe if you contact the president of the club or someone else in there. They can tell you who it was.

St. Louis Admiral's Club
http://www.stlouisadmirals.com/