Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Which Electric motor for 25" Hydro.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Which Electric motor for 25" Hydro.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 12:10 PM
raiki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Electric motor for 25" Hydro.

Guys

I am building a 50% scaled up HydroMite, 25" to transom (Doug Foresters) and am getting to the stage of needing to install hardware but I am undecided on the motor and batteries.

I am an electric newbie so some advice here would be great.

I thought 12 cells and either a Speed 600 Cobalt or a Speed 700 Neo. Or are 12 cells going to be too heavy ???

I dont want brushless as this will be my first and only Electric boat ( or any model for that matter).
Old 04-25-2003, 02:08 PM
WeLaserCut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big hydromite

The original design for the Hydromite came from a boat that Doug designed that was 2X the size. You have basically gone back in time to the original concept.
If I remember correctly, Doug designed the boat for LSH type racing. That would be a 700 series motor and 12 cells.
There are some changes made to the design of the hydromite to acomodate its smaller size. You will probably want to contact Doug to discuss the changes so you can get all the performance out of your hull.
I will be talking to him later this week, so I will ask him to pop in here and give you his ideas.

Oh, and just for the rest of you....watch for a few of Doug's designs available in kit form later this year. Lets just say I have an inside scoop on the new stuff!!!

Peter

www.climatemodels.com